Cayman Islands Restaurants?

Any recommendations? Anything new for 2015?

We had a great meal and great wine service at Luca last year. Nice outdoor setting if the weather is right.

East end or 7mile Beach/Georgetown?

George

7 mile, but we rent a car so east end is fine. We love Over The Edge for lunch

I am an East side guy. Only go to 7MB for Blu by Eric Ripert and to dive the Kittiwake That being said try Tukka, all the way on the east side. Get a table on the beach. Food is good and there are usually Black Tip Reef Sharks right off shore that you can see. Also upstairs at Kaibo is very good. Great Rum selection, lots of old Cuban ones. Over the edge is good but seems to be very popular now which takes some of the charm out of it. The Restaurant at Rum point is pretty good also.

George

I thought Luca was ok - however, part of my issue was trying to convince the waiter that our bottle was corked (barely), and it became more evident as the night went on. When hostess/owner found out, she immediately apologized and offered a new bottle. But by that time, the meal was 3/4 done.
I thought the food was good, not great.
Getting bit my mosquitos during dinner didn’t help, so I am sure that played into my overall impression…though they did bring a bottle of Off to the table…

Agua was excellent, small but interesting wine list.
Fascinating menu.
Really excellent food.

If you need a break from the pricey places, give Sunshine Grill a go.
Probably my favorite place when we went in November.

I was not impressed with Over the Edge - very mediocre meal.
maybe we didn’t order right?

Blu was closed for the month/season when we went.

Was there over the summer in 7 mile. Loved The Brasserie. Went there twice. Also, Michael’s Genuine is really solid. Its an offshoot of the spot in Miami. Very good food in the Camana Bay development.

We made reservations for later in the week at Luca. Had a really nice lunch at Abacus in Camana Bay.

We just order whatever the freshest fish is that day when we eat at Over The Edge. We’ve never had a bad meal. We just find the setting very peaceful.

Dined at Sunshine Grill once was probably my least favorite restaurant on the island. Mediocre food overlooking a pool full of screaming kids.

Order the turtle soup. Best around. :slight_smile:

No turtle soup yet, but did have some goat