so Hersheys manages to eliminate British made Cadbury Chocolate

There are few ways to get through a 2 day blizzard. One of them was a large bar of English chocolate. I suspect some greased palm of some politician has eliminated that pleasure.

We have boycotted Hershey’s since they bought Scharffen Berger and closed the Berkeley factory.

Also they lag the industry regarding fair trade and child labor.

Not to mention, their chocolate sucks by any standard. But I do miss Scharffenberger.

I don’t think it has anything to do with politicians. I think it’s license agreement territoriality and the threat of lawsuits.

Yet Hershey’s totally sucks in comparison

I never saw this coming when Hershey’s bought Cadbury!

They didn’t buy Cadbury. Kraft did.

Mixed up my evil corporations. My bad.

I still don’t understand why I should be prevented from buying English made chocolate.

BTW, I called LLB, asking if there was anything we could do to help, and they claim the NYT got it wrong, there is no settlement and they are still fighting.

The English were aghast when Kraft purchased Cadbury a few years back. This year they changed the recipe on the Cadbury creme eggs and there are folks going apoplectic. I can’t imagine having a similar reaction if someone changed the Snickers recipes, but I tend not to get terribly worked up about sweets in general.

You might get confused by the similar names and start thinking that chocolate bars are supposed to taste good.

Sucks!

Cadbury > Hersheys.

I won’t eat Hershey but what a great stock to own! And I do.

[stirthepothal.gif] Stocks do well when you eliminate competition….

yes, as did Intuitive, another high flying stock.