NYC - Big table / Private Room dining suggestions?

A friend from overseas has tasked me to find him options for a big table or private room that can offer a “whole animal” type of dinner (a la Ssam Bar’s Bo Ssam or Ma Peche’s Ribeye or Fried Chicken options).

Thing is he wants something a little nicer than the Momofuku stools/hard rock vibe. It would be 8 adults + 2 children. This would be for early-mid March.

I recently had dinner in the private room at Charlie Bird and thought it could fit the bill (but they don’t have any large shareable dish such as the ones mentioned above). Perhaps one of the Blue Ribbons as well?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

No brainer:

Damn you and your unrefined mid-western palate! [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Rotisserie Georgette.

Resto does this, but not in a private setting.

The breslin also does several large format feasts in a semi-private large table by the kitchen

if you want to get really creative - and i’m not sure they do it, but it’s worth a call - blue hill in the west village. they clearly have whole animals and a great intimate room in the back.

resto was my thought as well
we did one of those whole beast dinners at that front table and brought a ton of wine.
i think there were 8 of us, but it was quite a while ago and the room is not private.

The Breslin, and others mentioned: Geocentric Media: A Media, Advertising, Publishing and Software Development Company.

That said, if your friend doesn’t choose Guy’s, he’s a wienie.

Blue Hill has a great room in the back and Craft has a private dining room next door (at least they did a few years back). Both are great spaces.

I find it’s always tough to choose between the Guy-talian Nachos or the Dragon Chili Cheese Fries. But there really is no wrong choice.

Thanks all, except Guy-loving Blum! Resto was the one front runner I told my buddy.

The only wrong choice is not ordering both.

How about Aldea?

Welcome to Flavortown, indeed. flirtysmile

And who doesn’t like a website that autoplays music? As Guy’s own menu states…“Winner Winner Chicken Dinner”

Trestle on Tenth does a whole pig.

http://www.trestleontenth.com/whole-pig-dinner.html

I think Maialino does as well but couldn’t find any info.

DBGB does a whole hog dinner that can be done in their private dining room.
http://www.dbgb.com/nyc/whole-hog

You are kidding? You have to be. I wouldn’t allow my dog to eat there. Actually he turned down eating there.

Maialino does a whole le pig and they have a private back room

Thanks for the further suggestions. DBGB was on the list, Maialino wasn’t. Will put it on as an option.

I would do The Breslin.