Best Orlando wine spots and stores

anything here worth checking out?

Crickets.
For good reason…

If you must . . . Ravenous Pig is probably the best place in town. Their sister place, Cask and Larder is also good. Go to 4 Rivers Smokehouse for BBQ for lunch. Then leave the city.

Headed to Orlando in July. Have reservations for dinner, based on this port. Killlllllllling me that we’re doing a conference in Orlando, instead of Atlanta this year :frowning:

Ravenous Pig was good, but not memorable. As in, I really don’t remember dinner all that much. I had a glorified pork chop for $27. Wine list was tolerable, and we had an 09 Grammercy Cellars Third Man, that I thought was reasonably priced at $85.

Strange then, that I LOVED Cask and Larder. Vibe was a lot better there, as was the food. Southern-style, with some hipster flare (hello, in-house brewpub and logo with an x). Started off with a ham sampler (“sir, you had me at ham sampler. then I saw Benton’s on there…”) and proceed to power through pimento cheese with ham jelly, mac and cheese, roasted corn. Nashville hot chicken for dinner, while picking at a friend’s smoked pig collar. Wine list was wildly unimpressive, but the cocktails were great.

Other note - Uber rates are shockingly low in Orlando. UberX from Hyatt Regency to Cask/Ravenous was $17.62. Taxi was $57. Private car for 6 was $90. Uber with the win.

Schula’s at the Dolphin hotel was ok. Wine list was pretty heavily marked-up (see:Disneyworld), but I ordered a couple bottles of 2011 Gaja Paradiso for $91. Other than that… a steak is a steak is a steak at places like this.

“Places like this” . . . you mean places that have their own branded steak sauce on the table. That is an immediate dq for me.

Of course the whole city of Orlando is for the most part. I hear the restaurant scene in Disney is a little better now, though.

For Disnyeworld, I had a fantastic meal at Jiko which is located at Animal Kingdom.

Any updates here? Headed to Orlando again next week :frowning:

Worst Ruth’s Chris list I have ever seen. Almost every restaurant has different selections, but this one is by far the worst.

Nothing good- but they did open a Shake Shack.

LOL @ Shake Shack. Believe I saw one in Daytona and passed :slight_smile: Was much happier with the BBQ option we had.

You are 90 minutes from Bern’s

I know, I know. Have tried to move schedules around, etc. and it just doesn’t work. Believe me, I know :smiley:

Hilton Orlando bar does not open until 4:00. WTF planet am I on?!?

Hit up Highball and Harvest at the Ritz last night. Service was great, cocktails were good but pricey and food was enjoyable. Overall, I don’t know that I’d go out of my way to go there for dinner again, but if you’re stuck in Orlando on a Monday night at 9:00 PM (quite a few kitchens close at 9:00, in addition to places like Ravenous Pig that are closed altogether on Mondays), it’s a great alternative.

My wife is headed to Orlando tomorrow for a week. Are there any good Cuban restaurants in Orlando?