Chef's Table, Brooklyn

Going back to New York in 4 weeks.

Is Chef’s Table (Brooklyn) worth the trip and money? Sitting on a stool elbow to elbow, around the workplace, does not sound like a great evening to me.

Will probably go back to my regulars; Marea, Le Bernardin, unless someone has a reason to try something else.

Amazing place and on an entirely different level than Marea and Le Bernardin (although I have not been for the full tasting menu in a few years at Le Bernardin).

For me the quality of ingredients that Chef uses is second to none in the US and unlike most other *** Michelin chefs he is in the kitchen every night.

If you are looking for other options to Marea and Le Bernardin check out Blanca (similar format to Brooklyn Fare) and Jungsik.

I was waiting on one specific meal (Urasawa) before deciding on my meal of the year. Hands down its Brookyln Fare. Urasawa is known for its raw fish and its ability to procur the most amazing products from Japan. Yes it was incredible but for me Broolyn Fare was even better.

A recent Blanca meal was also outstanding.

THE food was amazing but the atmosphere does not match the food.
Although I was well aware of the atmosphere prior and really enjoyed the evening, when spending that kind of money I expect both and for that reason I would not go back.

if you’re looking for a very high end counter experience, the new Ko is exemplary and they manage to deliver a true high-end experience at a counter.