Anova Sous Vide sale $50 off until tomorrow

use code ‘anovaone’ (on website too)

Merry Christams to me. I have finally decided to try Sou Vide… [cheers.gif]

My wife opened the one I got her (us!) for Chanukah last night and we are cooking with it tonight for the first time. Using it couldn’t be easier, and I hope the food comes out good. It is weird it’s pork?

I don’t know, you tell me. :slight_smile:

Yay! I keep missing these $50 off deals.

So I just need a clear cambro for water and a sealer (or ziplocs if I don’t start off doing long immersions)

use your big stock pot.

I bought the Anova Precision last week when it was $179 less $30. This one is the same price with the $50 discount. Aside from the lesser capacity and the bluetooth on the Precision, is the Anova One that much of a better product? That is, should I be disappointed? We don’t cook roasts or other large items often as it’s almost always just the two of us.

The one is sturdier and more powerful. I think also better material. But the precision has more functionality. For two ppl both are fine. I have both. Going to sell one at some ooint (used of course) as I don’t need two.

Yep. Rarely break out the tank.

Great…ordered the AnovaOne. Thanks for the heads up and the advice.

image.jpg
made these insulated boxes for my SV rigs
no sense in shedding all that heat. For the 12hour+ cooks I cover a good portion of the surface so I don’t have to add water a bunch of times

I got one back in the fall… time to finally take it out of the box. Got a good deal on some steaks to experiment with over the weekend and will do some eggs to0

The pork tenderloin I made yesterday was pretty darned good. Is tweak my spice rub next time, but the meat was tender and better than any other method I’ve cooked it. And yes, time for eggs and steaks next.

Santa must have been following this thread, got a new Anova, now what to make first

Have any of you guys cooked Flannery filet tails sous vide? If so, what temp/time do you recommend?

given how small it is, i don’t think you’d benefit much from sous vide.

but if you still want to, 120F is good as it will give you a few degrees to play with when you sear and you’ll end up at 125F-ish.

Have had mine since summer…love it!!

What additional functionality?

My precision arrived yesterday. Was pretty bummed that the much ballyhooed app is vaporware. Leaves me with a negative impression and I haven’t even tried it yet.

The scroll wheel is a plus to me (depends on your preference, my wife preferred the touch screen on the ONE) as well as the ability to remove the clamp (huge space saver). Kinda disappointed the app isn’t out yet considering how long they’ve had with it

If you wanted to do a roast, how do you clamp it in…you can’t just use a binder clip to attach it to a pot, or can you?

As it turns out, I’m returning mine because when I asked about the app, I got a form letter that didn’t answer my question. They have announced several target dates for the app and they keep missing them. The latest is that they are saying it will be out in early January…which is impossible because the app hasn’t been submitted yet and it takes at least a week to get it approved.

http://store.anovaculinary.com/products/anova-precision-cooker

$50 off for Fathers Day