Maison du Chocolat--exquisite!

Someone gave us a present of a small box of (filled) chocolates from Maison du Chocolat. Each one is quite small, but the flavors are exquisite–clean, precise and beautifully balanced. Can’t remember anything better. flirtysmile champagne.gif [cheers.gif]

really tasty. I was at Fred C’s house two weeks ago and he got a box as a gift. We devoured that puppy.

Yeah. My wife keeps slapping my hand :wink:

Maison makes good chocolate. They are available worldwide now, although I prefer some local shops and some in Paris more.

Love their truffles. If you’re ever in Paris- you must try the hot chocolate there- just fantastic! Liquid pudding

Try Richart some time!

Richart is very good; a doctor I worked with gave me a box and it was a revelation.

I ordered a small box of both of these for the wife. She loves her chocolate.

They used to have a store across from the St. Regis on 55th St. Beautiful chocolates.

Don’t love MdC, though it’s in the neighborhood of both my office and my home, so I end up getting chocolates there fairly often. If we’re talking gigantic multinational luxury chocolate companies, I prefer Teuscher. If we’re talking local, I love the simple American chocolates of Li-Lac, which include the best chocolate covered cherries in the world.

Totally agree about local chocolates. Our favorites are Petites Noirs, in Milton Freewater, WA. With our daughter in school in Walla Walla, we are there often enough, and Lily Belle Farms, in Central Point, OR when we are in southern OR.

I shipped from NYC as a gift! Lol.

Ladies love em.