You Want Dry Aged Beef?

How about a 120 day whole short loin?

http://fairwaypacking.com/overstock-specials-7/28-day-dry-aged-usda-prime-short-loin-whole-loin.html

Pricing is actually way cheaper than expected. Don’t know if I can pull the trigger on age, though.

No thanks.
That’s gotta smell like straight ass.

I don’t think I could digest that.

The end cut 56 day dry aged wagyu special is back at $24 per pound with free delivery if you order over $340 worth. winner!

Any idea how well or poorly these will freeze?

Very well.

I see they have Creekstone Porterhouse steaks on sale. Just picked up a few of those.

It’s already digested.

Bill - isn’t there a new restaurant in Dallas claiming to age beef to some extreme age? Obviously, I haven’t been.

I might pull the trigger on this out of curiosity.

Yup. A John Tesar place over by you. Not impressed at all with his seafood joint, so no need to try his overpriced beef venture. LMK if you pull the trigger as I would like a sample.

+1. This is my 3rd order. They pack the stuff right, just toss in your freezer. I have a commercial vacuum sealer and I notice no difference between what I can do and what they deliver.

Order with confidence, great guys

Hmm. Idea. Anyone want to split this thing?
I told Joey that if he found a buyer for some of it, and decided to cut it up, I’d take 2 2" steaks just to see what it’s like.

So there’s probably 8 2" cuts in this thing, we just need 4 guys if we each take 2?

Forgot that it was John Tesar. I’ve heard the beef is ridiculously expensive. I’ll stick with the Miyazaki beef at Teppo, which is outstanding.

As to his seafood place, Spoon, my wife loves it. I think it’s good, but it is very expensive for the quantity for sure. I was skeptical because it was Tesar, but hats off to him for delivering excellent food there. Value? Not so much.

I’ll have to wait until after Thanksgiving to consider ordering. We’ll see if it’s still available then.

Reading their site, it sounds like these are pre-cut, but if I could request it, I would ask for something closer to 2" rather than the 1.25 they advertise.

Spoon sucked it when I was there with Bowden and Liotta.

I am game(y) if we can figure logistics.

If you guys could figure out logistics, I’d be in as well. As a matter of fact, I’d take 1/2 of one if someone wanted the other 1/2 and we could get Fairway to ship each half separately.

Actually…it looks like they are offering it in steaks right now instead of whole.

Yep. Damn. 1 day too late for me to add it to my order and get the free shipping.

My concern is that they will be fabricated too thinly. I much prefer my steaks 2+ inches in thickness.

I could do this if your still looking…

I agree with Bill 2" plus at least