Need Scottsdale Restaurants

wine is secondary? Is corkage allowed?

Amy’s Baking Company [snort.gif]

Virtu. Really small and small menu. Great meals last March.
Decent meal at Mission Table. Pretty loud in there if that matters.
I also really don’t mind Maestro. The Butter Cake is so so good!
I’ll be following this for some rec’s for my trip in March.

the Atlas Bistro has been our best food and wine service experience in Scottsdale. They allow BYO.

Alan,

Atlas Bistro is basically your only option for BYO. Haven’t eaten there in awhile but their latest chef received a very positive review in the local paper recently.

F&B does a nice job, particularly with vegetables. Old Town location.

Rancho Pinot Grill is a stalwart. Nice comfortable restaurant, very good food. North of Old Town.

Gianni Scorzo at Andreoli Italian Grocer probably makes the best food in Scottsdale. Ambience there is very casual, it’s a deli that hides a great restaurant. Can be crowded. Midtown Scottsdale location.

Binkley’s up in Cave Creek is the best high-end food experience. They have a couple of satellites now including in Scottsdale but we have not tried.

Tarbell’s in Phoenix probably has the best restaurant experience in town. Best service, very good food, extensive (and often expensive) wine list. Can be crowded and noisy on weekends. Depending on where you stay it’s not terribly far from Scottsdale.

Enjoy!

+1

I was in Scottsdale twice this year and both times had really enjoyable casual Italian meals at Evo. On my last trip, staying at the Fairmont mid-August (business trip hence the timing) it was so insanely hot I didn’t want to go anywhere so I had dinner at the Michael Mina Bourbon Steak at the hotel and it was brilliant - superb service, lovely room in an austere yet warm way and just lovely food. I’m still way too new to wine to comment but it was one of my best meals this year. I gather from friends that the chef is a local talent who everyone was afraid would fade a bit in a hotel setting but instead seems to have the leeway to bring his own tastes to the Mina operation. I had a chilled corn soup and a great salmon dish.

Monarch Café was just outstanding–and a great courtyard setting. Rancho Pinot was very good, but loud and lighting too bright. Happy w both choices overall, slight edge to MC.