Leftover Roast Chicken

We have rotisserie/roast chicken fairly often. With the extra pulled meat, we usually make the following on subsequent nights:

• chicken pot pie
  • chicken enchiladas / quesadillas / tacos
  • arroz con pollo
  • chicken (and cheese etc.) paninis

Are we missing any obvious recipes for our leftover chicken?

Would love to hear other uses of leftovers, including ground beef…perhaps a general “leftover” thread needs to be started?

Chicken Fried Rice

Risotto.

chicken crepes, preferably with a mushroom sauce :slight_smile:

Chicken nachos? Chicken a la King?

My mom used to make hot turkey sandwiches with leftover turkey and gravy and white bread, with leftover mashed potoatoes on the side.
I could see the same thing with chicken replacing the turkey.

let me say… good stuff

But I really look forward to using the left over bones… to make some nice stock which I make ramens with

Paul

Now I use a pressure cooker . .usually stuff like carrots - celery -onion - kaffir lime leaf -lemon grass - ginger - bay

pressure cook @ 15 psi for 1 and half hr.

If you have a lot of carci-- you might even try this w/o water.

Now I always rest over night to defat… and salt later…most of my stocks I cook with little to no salt

jook !!! The cantonese type, not that wimpy bland Taiwanese stuff

chicken tetrazzini

chicken soup

chicken & dumplings

creamed chicken on biscuits

chicken & noodles

I’ll shred the breast and add it to kale, potato and chorizo soup.

This is so much win.

FYI, you might know it better as “congee”. Super easy, super delicious, esp. if you use lots of ginger and cilantro.

Beef Chili?

[scratch.gif] [scratch.gif]

Super easy cantonese version is Chicken with black mushrooms (or any flavorful type really). white pepper, some salt, and add green onions and ginger to taste. done.

I’m a fan of a couple drops of sesame oil too. It does wonders for the flavor.

Chicken salad.

You and your tasteless bland Cantonese food. How dare you.

Some great suggestions already. I’ll add this;

Mix it with mayo, chopped celery and onions, sliced almonds, and make chicken salad sandwiches. I like to add some sliced avocado, too.

Sounds good…may I suggest an addition of grapes, cran raisins or golden raisins ( helps add a touch of sweetness )

If your a bit crazy add some scorpion powder champagne.gif

You know where to shove your yams :wink: