Catbird seat - Nashville

Go there. Amazing food across the board. Great room. Bring your own wine - $30 corkage. Wine program is a little weak. Gotta book via open table 30 days out when they release tables. https://thecatbirdseatrestaurant.com

Your welcome.

George

Agree. I loved it when I was there last Feb- they had just gotten the new chef who came from Noma so we got to pick his brain about our meal at Noma as well as the food there. My wife thought it was among the best meals we’ve ever eaten, while I thought it was just below the very best but still insanely good.

That said, I found the wine pairings to be quite good and interesting. I normally don’t do pairings, but most of the wines I had were interesting, old school, European producers which I was more than happy to drink.

We were there a few months ago and I completely agree this is a great place. We did a few of the pairings and brought a couple of bottles. Great staff.

JD

The former chef (Erik Anderson) moved back to Minnesota and is opening up a restaurant with his wife (Jamie Malone, F&W Best New Chef). I have high expectations for this restaurant based off what I’ve read here about the quality of food when he was at the Catbird seat and what I’ve eaten of her food.

Matt, Erik and Jamie did a few pop up dinners in the old Lynn on Bryant space. I didn’t get a chance to go. Know one person who did and raved about it. Can’t wait for Brut (restaurant name) to open.

Yeah, I can’t remember why I didn’t go. It was fried chicken and Champagne with Bill Summerville? Or was that the Travail pop up?