• Frosted w/ Sprinkles
  • Frosted w/ Nuts
  • Bear Claw
  • Jelly Filled
  • Boston Cream
  • French
  • Other - write in

0 voters

not your favorite place to get donuts, but your favorite donut to eat.

Depends on the place. My local bakery rocks a cinnamon sugar cake donut so that is my write in.

glazed. I’m not a fan of cake, too thick. I like a light airy donut

Glazed old fashion and better if offered a maple topping instead.

A bagel place down the street sells a dense, yeast raised, cinnamon sugar bagel that is really a misnamed donut. It is chewy, with just the right amount of sweetness, not too much.

Best are home made donuts.

P Hickner

Surprised the cinn. sugar was left off the polls, clearly there are no cider mills in California [wow.gif]
I also didn’t know an apple fritter was a donut, but I’m just being critical.

Krispy Kreme

Someone had to do it

kinda surprised it took this long.

It does really depend on the place. At a place like Dunkin Donuts I prefer the chocolate kreme filled. I’m not sure what the name of that filling is in real life but it’s more frosting like than pudding like.

My all-time favorite donuts is the chocolate creme puff at Spunky Dunkers (but all of theirs are good). It’s a chocolate cake donuts with a sugar glaze on the outside and a vanilla creme (fluffy, not pudding) on the inside. Kind of like a gourmet version of the old Hostess Cupcake.
http://www.spunkydunkers.com/#!the_menu/c21kz

No Apple Cider donut?

I can’t go there. I can eat 12 of them in one sitting. I have no self control

Shipley’s glazed donut. Don’t think I can conjure one at home.

I haven’t been to one in 30+ years. There was one near my house when I lived with my folks. Driving home, early morning hours, strangely ravenous, seeing that red light on . . . . Very difficult to resist

I used to fancy the Long John, then the old fashioned glazed, and then the glazed cinnamon twist…but as I’ve gotten older, there is nothing that beats a well made, light, airy glazed donut. I’m more than happy to point out deficiencies in all of your favorites as well.

What’s best, is that the glazed donut is also one of the healthier options on the menu. For example, a glazed donut from Krispy Kreme comes in at only 190 calories on 11 grams of sugar. That’s less than half the sugar and almost identical calories as a yoplait original yogurt cup.

Armed with that information, do yourself a solid and have a piping hot cup of joe with a glazed donut. It’s good for you.

Good coffee and a glazed or old fashioned donut may be my favorite food combination, period.

I like the Apple Fritter… but i’m not sure why it’s called that. Are there even apples in there??

So you’re saying that 1 serving of Krispy Kreme has 1140 calories and 66 grams of sugar?

I usually get donut holes. The “skin” to "pulp’ ratio can’t be beat.
Runner up is chocolate or maple bar.

I have to go with nostalgia. Cinnamon/sugar apple cider donuts are what I grew up with and that adds something no other donut can match.

who the heck voted for ‘plain cake’??? WTF