LEMON PASTA

Very lovely pasta dish by Melissa Clark. I discovered it this morning and made it tonight. But be careful you have to slice the lemon very thinly.

Save water, drink wine
Martin

P.S. I made it without celery leaves.

Saw this posted on Facebook (your posting, Martin) and the photo looks SOOOOO good

Recipe looks amazing. Will definitely do this.

Very good Martin. I also did not use celery leaves or parsley. My lemons were sliced thinner than the pictured dish!

I also made it without celery leaves, and remedied the obvious transcription error (viz., lack of garlic and capers).

Delicious!

Looks great, thanks Martin! The season’s coming and soon we’ll be rolling in meyer lemons. Always nice to have some fresh ideas with them.

Not bad, but very lemony. I’ll probably make it again with half the lemon and add some garlic.

This is a good way to go about the business when you love lemons. Martin, I agree with deleting the celery leaves that flavor profile doesn’t add anything for me. But lemon and parsley is like peas and carrots to Forrest Gump.

If you want to go pro, and we have done so, make your own fettucine pasta adding lemon zest and crushed black pepper to the dough. Use excellent evoo.

I made this, but my lemons were still quite bitter. I blanched them, but did not shock them. Also, I got some color but not a lot when frying. Would more caramelization have gotten rid of the bitterness? Longer blanching?

Matt, I’m waiting for meyer lemons. But, next time, you could add a bit of sugar or honey to balance it out.

The honey is a good idea. I added the sugar per the recipe. I had it as leftovers today and it was so bitter, I could not eat any of the lemons. I think I’m a little sensitive to bitter, but even then it was really strong.

did you have thick or thin skinned lemons? I’d think that could make a big difference. I had thin skinned and they weren’t bitter but certainly very tart. I’ll probably do a little more sugar next time.

Delicious!