What to do wtih leftover pop

Hosted a child’s birthday party last weekend, and am left with about 8 cans each of Sprite and Coke, which will almost certainly not get drunk in our house. Any ideas on how to use them? I know you can braise with them, but it’s too hot out for that.

Coke is good for cleaning bugs off you car windshield.

Great as part of a wet brine/marinade for a pork butt headed to smoker

Coke cleans rust off metal better than any other substance…

Coke is a great injection/mopping liquid for pork shoulder on the smoker.

Wait until you host the next birthday. They won’t go bad…

Actually soda does go bad. There is a use by date on the cans/bottles for a reason.

Yeah, we have free soda in the fridge at work, and it gets filled daily from the front - so the stuff at the back never turns over. If you do happen to grab a 6-9 month old can it’ll clearly taste stale.

Wow S**t. if that’s not disturbing…
dayam!

I’d love to do a blind taste test between “fresh” Coke and 12 month old Coke. rolleyes

Come over to my in-laws. They have plenty of old sodas. Every time we’re there, they try to get us to drink some old can they’ve had for a few years. It’s like playing Russian Roulette.

I do this with hot dogs

Rub some baby back ribs and set them aside for as long as you want several to 24 hrs.
Put the babybacks in a shallow cooking pan.
Pour in the Coke, so that it fills up pan to the point that about half the rack is covered and half is exposed.
Tightly wrap some foil around the edge of the pan.
Put in oven at 225 for ~4 hrs.
Throw some bbq sausce on ribs and either throw on the grill to finish or store in fridge until you are ready to finish on grill.
Just don’t call it bbq.