If Electrox lux is=X
and viking is X+$20
and subzero is X+$1,000

which would you buy?

thanks

-paul

Sub-Zero.

Sub-Zero.

Kitchenaid ; I am in the market for a new 42", 19 years old about to give up the ghost.

subbbbbbbzerrrrrooooooooo

sub zero with the clear door!

Sub zero.

Sub Zero

JD

What they said.

WTF? Why the love for sub?? I have an LG and if you’ve met me know damn well my food has never gone bad or been innedible.

This love simply due to two compressors?!

I have LG as well with badazz pass through door, but if I could have the SZ, then I would.

I know what you have. I’ve been in your kitchen. You’ve not explained WHY you covet the SZ.

So. 'Splain.

It’s cool and has cache, tater soup boy.

Hey. That’s not fair. I washed the damn things. And I admitted my failure immediately. Rubbing that in here isn’t necessary. Bitch.

Is a big deal. Also high quality brand with strong record for reliability. What’s not to like.

And here I was leaning towards the viking…now I’m thinking subzero. Interesting that the store has both sz and viking and the sales guy REALLY favors viking.

Another brand that seemed interesting was liebherr (sp?) but the lack of track record and support scared me.

Viking has horrible rep for reliability. Either the sales dude is getting a kickback or doesn’t know his business. I’d buy Thermador, Kitchenaid, LG, pretty much any brand over Viking.

Kickback.

I got the same thing when looking a year ago. Salesman was down on SZ for a reefer and Blue Star for a range. Viking could do no wrong.

I don’t know whether the Viking quality has improved over the years but the Viking fridge we bought in 2004 has been nothing but trouble, again and again and again over the years. Absolutely horrible…maybe 15-18 service calls and a few thousand dollars of post warranty costs over 10 years worth. Quite frankly I would run fast and far from any Viking equipment based on my experience with our Viking fridge and dishwasher. Some of the worst issues were caused by design flaws.

I’d get the Electrolux myself.
Have had both Viking and Electrolux refrigerators, and prefer Electrolux.
Have not had SZ, but at this point in my life I wouldn’t pay the $1k premium.