Just Because I Don't Already Have Enough Beef Fat In My Diet

Not sure that I would ever use this product for anything.

http://www.marxfoods.com/Wagyu-Oil_2

Beef tallow: didn’t a national hamburger chain used to cook their fries in it, back in the day when they tasted great?

Yup, Mickey-D’s used to use tallow for their awesome fries.

This is taking that up a notch or two.

Personally, for my taters, I prefer duck fat.

Just eat it out of the jar?

[cheers.gif]

My wife’s grandparents owned an old fashioned steak house, they trimmed the meat and threw the beef trimmings right into the frialators, best French fries and onion rings ever.

So, did they render the fat in the Fry-O-Lator, or did they just augment the fat already in there?

Either way, dry aged fat cooked fries sounds pretty good.

It was kind of a solera system, they never drained them and just continually added in fresh suet and fat. Btw Tex, it was the old Heitmillers steak house in Elm Mott half way between Dallas and A&M.

i sliced off some japanese wagyu fat to use for cooking. Creates a whole lot of melted fat

Nice. I know that place.

Just hold some in your hand and you will have a whole lot of melted fat for ‘ahem’ whatever you might need it for.

OK, someone help me. Wagyu fat is better than USDA utility beef fat because _________.

I have read that there is a higher percentage of CLA, unsaturated fats and it is actually ‘heart healthy’.

Fish and chips was usually cooked in dripping in the North of the UK before cheap seed oils came to the market, I suppose in the 80s, you still get a few places using it though.

And seasoned Franks’ pan REEEEEAL nice

I might just dice up all the fat and freeze em for later use

How is it better because it is wagyu? Or rather, what makes this any different from lard? Fat is fat.

Wagyu fat should be cheaper per pound than lower grades because it’s more available on each animal.