Chicago Restaurant help

I will be in Chicago early September for business.
looking for a Trendy upscale but casual restaurant in a neighborhood that is fun to walk around in,BYO is not important.
Thanks

How about RPM Italian or (the soon to open) RPM Steak…trendy and you can walk around in the area. A lot of the wine crowd likes RPM because they’re wine-type friendly (Izzy and others can chime in). Those are the first places that come to mind when you say “trendy upscale”…

Cindy,

There are thousands of restaurants. From 3 star Michelin to great Taco places. If you could give us a little better idea of where you will be staying and what you want to eat I am sure we can narrow it down. There are also lots of threads on the travel board you can search.

George

Thanks,
We are staying in Wheeling but wanted to have dinner in the City one night,
We are on our companies budget so moderate-expensive would work.I guess somewhere in between Tacos and 3 Stars with a fun lively atmosphere.
Thanks agaim

Personally, I think you should do either RPM Italian or RPM Steak…if you let me know when you’re coming and you book it, I can alert the chef.

Lots of other choices, too…but just my $.02

Thanks, I will let you know that would be great

I liked avec a lot

Strongly second Avec have always had great meals there and they have a pretty unique, interesting wine list… They don’t take reservations so put ur name in for the chefs table/bar seats (worth the wait) and head over to sepia (abt a block away) for some awesome cocktails … They’ll call u when ur table is ready

Thanks,that sounds like a great idea also

We ended up at RPM Italian.
All of us loved the food and the atmosphere.
Great choice,Thank you

Nice to hear; glad you enjoyed it.

Bump because does anyone know if RPM Steak allows corkage?

Thanks,
JD

$40.

Thanks. Limit?

Jd

For a corkage fee of $40, guests are allowed to bring no more than one bottle per table of any wine not on the list at RPM Steak.

And thank you again Corey!

JD

Any updates here? Heading to Alinea in a couple of weeks but have another open night. Have enjoyed Avec in the past and am inclined to go back but am open to other thoughts. The RPM restaurants look good but not really what I’m looking for. Anything else?

Well, what are you looking for?

Anything interesting, really, that goes beyond well executed food in a nice setting. There’s no shortage of options for that, so was just wondering if there are any exciting new (or not new) restaurants/chefs that are worth experiencing.

http://website.elizabeth-restaurant.com