bufala di mozzarella campana

Any body try the latest release at Costco? I was wandering the aisles and they were sampling it. Wow they finally got it right.
Anybody that has been to the Campana region of Italy (or near) and sampled the real stuff is spoiled for life - no mozzarella will ever taste the same. After a trip 3-4 years ago came home looking for it. Nothing came close so gave up looking - apparently does not ship well.

Well good news has arrived, the good stuff is here. We ended up eating a whole pound last Saturday with heirloom cherry tomatoes, basil and olive oil. So good I was just picking up a 1/4 lb ball and eating like an apple. Comes in a package with 4 individual plastic bags with cheese and liquid. Hope it is a regular item - check it out.

We in the mid-west will behind the times…

I’ll grab some to try, thanks! Freshness is so key - I’ve read the top Napoletana pizza places have insider connections with special expedited shipping channels. There is a buffalo farm in Marin making their own, but not as good as the real thing, yet.

We had it with brick fire oven pizza. Very good and another level from all the others people brought.

Will come back for more…

I get one in my neighborhood that is amazing (not BJs, Costco). They have it flown in twice weekly.
You are right, nothing compares.

bought some this past weekend to use with all the fresh heirlooms coming in at the famers market… agree this was very good. I have not had the real deal at the source in Italy, so I can’t compare, but clearly a cut above most store bought “fresh” mozzerella…

Ditto. The cheese was great. The tomatoes were amazing. Together was perfection. Some Rose champagne to wash it down.