Anything New And/Or Exciting In Napa?

Have been to La Toque, Redd, Bistro Jeanty, and Botega. Looking for places in Yountville or the city of Napa. Thanks.

Went to Azzurro on Main last week and really enjoyed it. Great by-the-glass white wines. Ca’Momi in Oxbow is awesome. The atmosphere is kind of weird for the quality of food but man it’s awesome. Also super low-key but Red Rock has one of the best fish and chips I’ve ever had.

In Yountville, I hear a lot about Ciccio (owned by proprietors of Altamura) but haven’t been. Apparently all Altamura wines are priced around retail.

Have been to Ciccio a few times. Great food. Limited menu that changes often. Frank is usually there overseeing things. Only down sides…no reservations and seating is limited and very close together so conversations are challenging. Table in the front window is the best for a group. Altamura wines are there and well priced…plus a few others to temp you at reasonable prices. Semi wine friendly (believe the corkage is $25).

Not a restaurant but a wine bar, its new and where most of the winemakers and industry people will be hanging

Torc. In downtown Napa. Dined there a few weeks ago. Loved it.

[winner.gif]

Bringing this back up for any additional ideas.

I have rediscovered Morimoto after dissing it for years. I don’t eat sushi! But the duck meatball soup and the shrimp tempura were outstanding. I went twice recently for lunch, and it was very “even.” My two dining companions were both excited as well.

Best pizza for sure is Oenotri. Best salad and meatball appetizers for sure at Reddwood in Yountville. Not just once, but multiple occasions.

Go to Zuzu on Main in Napa. Always open, always good, always interesting.

If you get up to St. Helena, Tra Vigne has recaptured my interest again, after all these years. Made-on-the-spot mozzarella, and the rabbit ragu. We also rediscovered Bouchon, where I had not been in a few years. An outstanding lunch and wine service. Just bring money.

Thanks to all who responded, with special thanks to Merrill. We did Oenotri, ZuZu, and Reddwood; all were delicious. Also did Bouchon for dinner and it was great. Botega, Bistro Jeanty, and La Toque were the other dinners and all were very good.

Thank you, Michael, for taking the time to say thanks! Next time come have a glass with me here at the ranch.

It will be my pleasure, Merrill. Thank you.