Top Chef Duels, Starts August 6

Bravo’s Top Chef series is undergoing another variation. On August 6, the network will launch Top Chef Duels, featuring 18 cheftestants from past seasons of both Top Chef and Top Chef Masters, who will compete head to head. Each episode will feature two chefs in three cooking challenges. Apparently the first two challenges are determined by each of the two cheftestants, presumably trying to expose a weak area of each other. The judging panel presumably picks the third challenge. At the end of the individual challenges, the 10 remaining chefs (must be some sort of last chance kitchen thing) have a battle royal, but I could be wrong about that.

Here are the duels. I don’t know if this is the exact order in which they will be aired, though.

Richard Blais v. Marcel Vigneron
Brooke Williamson v. Shirley Chung
Antonia Lafaso v. Mike Isabella
Stefan Richter v. Chris Jacobson (CJ)
David Burke v. Takashi Yagihashi
Dale Talde v. Tiffani Faison
Jennifer Carroll v. Nyesha Arrington
Kristen Kish v. Stephanie Izard
Kevin Gillespie v. Art Smith

rip off of Knife Fight?

Pretty much. Which is fine with me

It has been a while since I watched Knife Fight, but I remember wanting them to show more of the cooking.

Hopefully this delivers.

Some really nice match-ups and what look to be some very meh episodes. Kristen Kish v. Stephanie Izard will be must see tv for me.

Of course, I’d be happy watching Kristen read a phone book. She’s purrrty. flirtysmile

That yellow fever [snort.gif]

Hate to harsh your mellow guys but she plays for the other team:

Nah, knew that Roberto. And she was playing on our side before.

In any case, it just makes her that much hotter. Forbidden fruit and all…

You can be the one to turn her back

Sounds like a challenge that I’m willing to take. And the best part is…she’s an expert with knives! [berserker.gif]

Now there is a TV show they should make…

Watch sexy singles try and turn the tables on those playing for the other team

Perhaps… I sometimes am confused on this comment as the bulk of Knife Fight is cooking, but it’s a rowdier show so I think the chefs are sometimes less inclined to go through their process point by point. Maybe some feel the judging segments are too long? Disclaimer: Knife Fight is one show I work on. More new eps start airing 7/27~

Regardless, I like the format of two chefs just cooking. I’ll probably check out Duels too.

No love for Casey Thompson?

[whistle.gif]

Me love Chef Casey long time!

[rofl.gif]

Except when she nuked Carla.

I realize he was Oprah’s chef but I have yet to understand the appeal of Art Smith. Compared to the others, he is not in the same ballpark.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Agreed Marshall.

First duel is tonight, and it is Blais v. Vigneron. Chemistry battle.