NYC reccos

Ok. We’re taking a quick family trip to NYC this fall. My wife and I are going to try and get a night out on our own. Looking for a blow out dinner. I was thinking Per Se, Le Bernadin or Blue Hill. Any thoughts ?

Can’t lose with Per Se.

You can’t lose with Per Se or Le Bernadin. The lunch at Per Se we had last fall was one of our best meals of the year. Le Bernadin is one of my wife’s favorite restaurants so we’ve been several times. I’ve never had less than a great meal there.

We went to Blue Hill last year and it was very good but I wouldn’t put it on the level of the other two above. Still it isn’t a waste of time or money if the other two weren’t options. Jean Georges is also worth considering. Haven’t been to EMP recently enough to give an opinion.

JD

I was wondering about EMP. We did the dinner in Chicago at Alinea.

I’m sure you would enjoy any of those. Hard to pick just one.

All great,I love Asiate as well.Great view and it is located at Time warner
Be sure to book way in advance for all of them

So a question about EMP, are they still doing the same NY menu ?

Nick it’s a different menu. I would do jean georges le bernardin or emp. Blue hill in NYC not remotely in the same league. Marea would be next tier and very good.

Thanks for all the feedback.

a lunch at Per Se is in my top 10 lifetime meals. Amazing butter–from Animal Farm in Orwell, VT. I gorged on it and, after a couple tubs of butter (and bread), I asked the waitress if I had the butter record. She said I did not. Another tub later, she came back and quietly whispered to me, “you now have the record.” I found online and called the proprietor of the farm who told me that Per Se got all their butter, but she did sell me 3 pounds after I begged. Shipping cost more than the butter. As good as the butter was, the whole Per Se experience mirrored that–just fabulous in every regard. Friends who were there with us still call me the butter boy. Do it.

In my experience, Per Se is a cut above your other options. Next tier for me is LB and JG.