Difference Between Eating Out Today Vs 10 Years Ago

Sometimes the digital age slows things down

http://dineability.com/busy-nyc-restaurant-solves-major-mystery-reviewing-old-surveillance/

Yes, this sort of behavior drives me CRAZY…

How can you serve the same amount of customers yet the average cycle time goes from 1:05 to 1:55

More people at each table…people coming in earlier and staying later?

This just further proves to me, my life is worse off with all the technology. I can’t stand being connected 16 hours a day. Customers and co workers call or email whenever and where ever, and 99% of those issues could have waited till the next working day.

Mark, you’ll love this:

Scott Hanselman @shanselman
American out of office: “I’m on vacation but will check email hourly. Reach me on my mobile.”
European: “I am unavailable until September.”

This just further proves to me, my life is worse off with all the technology. I can’t stand being connected 16 hours a day. Customers and co workers call or email whenever and where ever, and 99% of those issues could have waited till the next working day.[/quote

+1

How many times have you been out to a restaurant and seen a table spending more time fiddling with their “smart” phones and not really talking to each other?

Bruce

Very often

Usually when I’m around Bruce he’s just wandering around taking photos of bodies of water and trees, never even get a chance to order [snort.gif]

As seen on a menu in Walla Walla this weekend:

Using cellular phones or Consuming raw or undercooked foods may be hazardous to your health

Interesting that no one noticed that the article is a fake

We discussed the fake aspect on Facebook. [whistle.gif]

Fake but true.

Obviously fake but raises a good point.
The other night I met a friend for a casual dinner, just the 2 of us, to catch up after not seeing each other for months. She must have looked at her phone at least 20 times during our 90 minutes together, and responded to texts multiple times. Her kids are away in camp for the summer and she does not have the kind of job that requires checking email at 8:00 at night. I was really annoyed but didn’t say anything. This type of behavior has become so commonplace that I am sure she had no idea how rude she was being.

and here. http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102307

George

Here, there, and everywhere!