Sangria recipes?

Now, I could easily just look up sangria recipes on the world wide web, but I thought why not just ask other members here for their favorite recipes.

Anybody making sangria and want to share?

This is one place Two Buck Chuck is worthy.

1 bottle TBC cab

1 bottle Trader Joe’s Blood Orange Sparkling Soda

Juice of 1/2 lime

Add fruit of choice.

Instant beverage!

Wow. I’m surprised that only one other person is into sangia.

Maybe too lowbrow for this crowd.

I have been on this board for a while and I rarely see any mention of sangria. I love good sangria at restaurants but never make it at home. That may need to change. When in doubt, epicurious and google are our best friends for this type of search.

I love the Tyler Florence white sangria (sangria Blanca) recipe.

I use the Charles shaw Sauvignon blanc with good results so it’s pretty inexpensive to make. The CS chard does not work well.

Scott

Good ol’ TBC!

If there’s time, I will soak the fruit in the base wine ahead of time, too.

The recipes vary so greatly, the sangria is the first thing I like to try at summer parties before I try the other beverages.

We make Sangria for our bar in the Summer.

Use dry aromatic white + peaches, mangoes & melon for the white with a good shot of Aperol to bump it up.

Most any non tannic red, black berries, strawberries and cherries for the red with a good shot of Creme de Cassis for sweetness.

Marinating the fruit in the wine for at LEAST 24 hours is key.

Here’s what I usually make, adapted from a Bobby Flay recipe. Enough to fill 3 bottles. I generally use Las Rocas Grenache, as it’s pretty good at the price point and always on sale. There’s something weird about sangria in that the crappiest wines often are great with fruit :smiley:

Other note - I use a Home Depot paint bucket to make this and usually the double the recipe if I’m going to have ~10+ people. Pic below and recipes always posted at Redirecting...

Ingredients
2 bottles red Spanish table wine
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup simple syrup, or more to taste (equal parts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
Orange slices
Apple slices
Blackberries
Pomegranate seeds

Directions
Mix all ingredients together and let stand in a tightly sealed container or pitcher for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving
Sangria.jpg

4 bottles of Rioja, 1 bottle of brandy, frozen lemonade/limeade concentrate, apples, oranges, lemons, limes, peaches. Serve over ice. Good times.

Hmm, reading this I’d bet the La Vieille Ferme white would be perfect.

Hi there! I want to share with you this recipe, I have made it last weekend and it was a great discover.

peach sangria recipe [cheers.gif]

2 bottles of Rioja
1 cup of Brandy
1 small frozen concentrate tube of orange juice, limeaid, or lemonade
half a jar of cocktail cherries (use old luxardo if possible)
diced apples, pears, oranges
slices of lemon and lime

mix

let rest cool over night