NYC Afternoon tea recommendations?

Any recommendations?

The room at the St Regis is now corporate dull as opposed to the beautiful dream it was in years past (they still have the best clotted cream around though) We just had an uninspired tea at the Peninsula.

For a much more casual atmosphere Bosies is good.

Any other recs?

Mandarin Oriental?

Lady Mendl and here’s a few places mentioned from Serious Eats

Thanks John and Suzanne!

We were discussing the Mandarin Oriental as a possibility but I was remembering how mediocre the tea was at the Mandarin in Hong Kong. NYC might be better.

I miss the tea at Fauchon back when they had a store on Park Avenue. That was special.

It’s been a while but Petrossian, perhaps?

Brad Kane is no longer doing high tea on Sunday afternoons any longer? What is to become of civilization on the isle of Manhattan?

The Plaza. http://www.fairmont.com/the-plaza-new-york/dining/afternoontea/

Not “high” tea but a cool place for tea and dessert Slot Siteleri - En Güvenilir Slot Siteleri Listesi 2022

BTW - while we’ll be trying some of these out does anyone know if any of the above offer “high end” teas? Things like plantation specific darjeelings, good milk oolongs, etc.

Fauchon was where I first learned the difference between first and second flush Darjeeling. I miss that place.

Lori - thanks for the suggestion of Artisanal. I think of them as a cheese place so it never occurred to me to go for tea and dessert. And they’re not far from the 33rd St. PATH station.

Jay, I’m not sure the Mandarin has that deep of a selection for everyone. I think they can get anything though. If you are guest or a regular I’m sure they will source it.

A friend recommended this place: www.franchia.com
They look like they have what you are after.

I remember your saying that Bosie’s serves Canelés – it’s on my list for “some day” and I hope they’re still serving them there!

“The Gallery” at the Carlyle Hotel. Just past Bemelmans Bar off the lobby, “serves a complete English tea with exotic teas (including Assam, Lapsang Souchang and Verveine), traditional tea sandwiches, scones with authentic Devonshire cream and fresh pastries. Served from 3 to 5:30 p.m. daily.”

While we are at it, for other times, Bemelmans Bar is a favorite. Bemelmans Bar New York | Upper East Side Bars | Rosewood

MENU >>> http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/~/media/Files/PDF/Rosewood_Hotels_and_Resorts/The_Carlyle_A_Rosewood_Hotel/Dining/Bemelmans_Bar/May%202014/Bemelmans%20Bar%20Menu_May%202014.pdf

Alice’s Tea Cup - West 73rd St @ Col. Ave is the original location http://www.alicesteacup.com/chapter_1.html

But now there are 3 and the scroll down tabs for VISIT & MENUS make searching simple.

Dominique ansel also has some very good ones. Just tried them last month.

It took us a year but thank you for the recommendation. The room is so cozy and charming that it more than made up for a few misses on the food.

Teas were all very good (though I’d still like to find a place that caters to tea geeks), sandwiches were excellent as was the gateau du crepes. The scone was dry and heavy and accompanied by mediocre jams and cream but that was the only major miss.

Very nice place to spend a few hours.

I had a very nice tea one late afternoon this past March at The Pierre. It is not something I ordinarily do, but I thought it was excellent.

FWIW, Brushstroke has a wonderful tea list.

That does look like a nice list, though unsurprisingly limited to Japanese green teas - an area with which I have very limited familiarity.

For Tea lovers - A friend recently opened a tea store within 1or8 in Williamsburg and they have his teas on the menu. He works in the Tea store during the day and at the restaurant at night.