Greyscale Wines: Bargain on Rutherford Cab *** Sold Out ***

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]Greyscale Wines is a small boutique Napa Valley winery that sells premium, award wining wines sourced from the finest quality grapes. We produce a Bordeaux Left-Bank style Napa Valley Cabernet that is refined, elegant and great with food. Cuvée Blanc is our take on Bordeaux Blanc with semi-oaked Sauvignon Blanc blended with Semillon. We added a Right-Bank style Merlot in 2014 that will be released later this year.

We are new to Berserker Day so we put together some offerings to strut our stuff!

Berserker Day Offerings (all include free shipping)

2-pack '12 Greyscale Rutherford Cabernet ($45/bottle, 30% discount):
'12 Rutherford Cabernet (Gold '15 SF International, Critic’s Challenge, Beverage Tasting Institute)
This comes with 2 bottles. Want more, order more packages!

2-pack Current Release ($70, 25% discount):
'12 Rutherford Cabernet (Gold '15 SF International, Critic’s Challenge, & Bev Tasting Inst)
'13 Cuvée Blanc (Gold '16 SF Chronicle Wine Competition)

3-pack Greyscale Napa Valley Mini-Cabernet Vertical ($125, 30% discount):
'10 Napa Valley Cabernet - Tourmaline, Rafael vineyards (Gold '14 SF Intl Wine Competition)
'11 Napa Valley Cabernet - Tourmaline, Rafael vineyards
'12 Rutherford Cabernet (Gold '15 SF International, Critic’s Challenge, & Bev Tasting Inst)

If you want to “mix and match”, send us a PM and we can combine into one shipment, still offering the same discounts above. PM us through Wine Berzerkers.
ORDER HERE:
Remember, shipping included on all orders!****More Details

2012 Rutherford Cabernet
2012 is the first year we sourced from from one of the finest vineyards in Rutherford – we cannot mention the name due to contract restrictions. Many wineries offer wines from this vineyard and charge $125+ so we feel our offering is a bargain! A medium to full-bodied wine with rich entry of ripe black fruit, a touch of black pepper and allspice notes integrate well on the palate. Balanced oak flavors with dense tannins produce a complex finish (tasting card http://tinyurl.com/zjggkok).

2010 & 2011 Greyscale Napa Valley Cabernet
We sourced grapes for the 2008-11 vintages from vineyards in southern Napa Valley: Tourmaline (Coombsville AVA), Rafael (Oak Knoll AVA), and Broken Rock (Atlas Peak AVA). Being in the southern part of the valley, temperatures are moderated by weather patterns coming off San Pablo Bay. Tourmaline, located east of Napa City, is planted with Clone 337 Cabernet on 3309 rootstock. Wines from this area have a combination of mountainside structure and ripe flavors from the valley floor. Rafael is west of Highway 29 just north of Napa City. It is a sloping hillside property planted with Clone 7 Cabernet on 110R rootstock that produces smaller berries with balanced concentrations of tannins and acidity.

Our Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignons have roughly 90% Cabernet with the remaining 10% blended with traditional Bordeaux grapes (e.g., Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, and Petit Verdot). The blend changes each year as we try to produce the best wine possible given the grapes of the vintage.

The 2010 Greyscale Napa Valley Cabernet is 90% Cabernet (50-50 combination of Tourmaline and Rafael) blended with Merlot, Cab Franc, and PV (tasting card http://tinyurl.com/z4q8etz) .

The 2011 Greyscale Napa Valley Cabernet is 89% Cabernet (50% Tourmaline, 23% Rafael, & 16% Broken Rock) blended with Merlot, Malbec, and PV (tasting card http://tinyurl.com/hnjlxlg).

Greyscale Cuvée Blanc
Greyscale Cuvée Blanc is a partially barrel-fermented Suvignon Blanc (SB) blended with Semillon. The SB grapes are sourced from Dalla Gasperina vineyard in Rutherford. The soils are a mosaic of gravelly loam and sand along with volcanic and marine sediments. The wines produced from this vineyard display crisp citrus notes of grapefruit and lemon-lime. The barrel-fermentation and Semillon add depth, complexity, and stone fruit notes (e.g., peach, apricot, etc.).

The 2013 Greyscale Cuvée Blanc is 40% SB that was barrel-fermented in a neutral French oak barrel and 60% tank-fermented. After primary fermentation, the SB was blended, put into barrels with 50% new oak and aged for 15 months with constant lees contact. The lees were stirred every 2-3 weeks (aka Battonage). This keeps the wine fresh and creates additional depth and complexity. A small amount of Semillon was added to provide richness and honey and toasty notes (tasting card http://tinyurl.com/gwkd6m8).

Our goal is to produce a white wine with more depth and complexity than typical SB’s (e.g., Loire, New Zealand or Australia) but not as much taste intensity as an oaked Chardonnay. Greyscale Cuvée Blanc is a perfect wine for sipping or with a light meal such as pasta or asian food.

Welcoming another Newbie to BerserkerDay! Let’s show the love!

In for a 2 pack sampler.

Thanks Todd. Jean and I are excited to join this community and love the BD concept. Sorry we did not find out about it many years ago.

We are here coffee in hand ready to answer questions.

Larry Rowe

Thanks Mike! You were first to purchase, clearly you deserve a prize.

Larry

In for a two pack of the 2012 Rutherford.

Thanks Jon, I am sure you will enjoy the wine.

Larry
Greyscale Wines

I had the Cuvee Blanc for dinner a few nights ago with friends. Definitely a wine to seek out if looking for white wines!!!

Hello Larry,

I see your winemaker used to be the winemaker at CDV. Would you say that your Rutherford Cab is more “old school” in style, and less “sweet” like the CDV wines in the past?

Thanks for your input.

Paul

Morning, do you ship to NH?

Hi Paul -

You are right Kian was an Asst Winemaker at CDV. We work very hard to reduce the alcohol and “in your face fruit-bomb,” but, we are dealing with Napa Valley fruit. Our goal is to make a complex food-friendly wine.

Try it, we think you will like it.

Larry

Hi Shawn -

No, unfortunately we do not. I realize we said so on our listing - my mistake. I just checked our shipping schedule and we cannot ship to NH.

We would be happy to ship to someone, or a business, in VT or MA.

Larry

I wasn’t going to purchase any cab on BDay, as I have plenty in the cellar. But the Rutherford cab is too tempting at that price. I took a two pack.

Larry, I didn’t receive any email confirmation for the purchase. Should I?

Thanks,
Andy

Looking forward to the Rutherford Cabs.

Thanks for the PM, Larry.

Thanks Mark. I’m putting together an email to send to everyone explaining the order process, shipping, and the credit card charge.
Should be out in another 15-30 minutes.

In for Rutherford. Thanks.

Great offer from Larry and Jean and fantastic wines to boot!

Thanks Kim! Jean & I both love your wines. Have you been impacted the recent rain storms?

Thanks! Love that kinda feedback!
Fortunately just benefiting from the much needed rain. Hope you are fairing well.