Vincent 2014 4-pack from Oregon

This year I’m offering a four-pack of my wines from the 2014 Oregon vintage:

Pinot Noir Crowley Station Vineyard
Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard
Pinot Noir Bjornson Vineyard
Pinot Blanc Willamette Valley

$137 at retail

BerserkerDay Special - $99

Order by emailing me at vincentwines@gmail.com and include a phone number to call for CC information.

Pick up in Portland, OR, or if you need shipping it’s $15 to west coast, $20 to midwest, or $25 to south and east coast.

Details on the vineyards:

Crowley Station Vineyard was planted 15 years ago with cuttings from nearby Carter vineyard. The vines are own rooted and non-irrigated, farmed sustainably and a mix of Dijon 114 and 115 clones. It’s in the southwest end of the AVA, low elevation but windy and cool, with fossil rich marine sedimentary soil.

Zenith Vineyard is on the east side of the Eola Hills. My block was planted in 2002 with 100% Pommard clone, on a rocky knoll that the original owners thought too rocky to plant back in the 1980s. The crop is naturally meager here, the canopy barely filling the trellis wires. The soil here is also marine sediments, tan in color and well drained.

Bjornson Vineyard is higher up on the east flank of the Eola Hills, on red volcanic basalt soil sometimes so thin the bedrock protrudes out of the dirt. I work with a mix of Pommard and Wadenswil vines here (75%/25%).

The Pinot Blanc comes from a vineyard planted in the later 1980s and lease farmed by three immigrant brothers, the Moras. This valley floor site is humble terroir but makes for bracing Pinot Blanc, which I ferment like my Chardonnay in old French oak barrels, aging on the lees for one year before bottling unfiltered. My goal is a more textural expression of Pinot Blanc from the Willamette Valley.

And about the wines:

All of my wines are fermented naturally, with no yeast foods or anything added other than a low amount of SO2 during the process. I take a very gentle approach in the cellar, with minimal punch downs or other mixing, in order to achieve a truly gentle extraction and retain the delicate texture of each site. I use a mix of used French oak barrels for elevage, with no filtering so you experience the wine in its completeness. My approach is not dogmatic, just simply the most basic technique to transmit the essence of each vineyard.

Some of the finest Pinot Noir in Oregon, period. Buy them. Plus Vincent is a cool guy who surfs.

Just to be clear - no early ordering available?

TY.

And he liked my brisket, so he gets extra points for that!

So what you’re saying is that, not only does Vincent surf, he’s also kind to the elderly.

Whoops! Ordering info added. Sorta key, you know?

Done. some of the very few 14s I’m buying.

I found Vincent a few years ago on his first Berserker Day. I’ve bought from him every year, with the wines consistently wonderful every year. This year was my first buying off the mailing list, and I’m waiting for his spring offer to re-up with some of my favorites. He moved into a new facility and just went full time with his wine operation. You don’t want to miss out on this one!

These are really great wines that hit a sweet spot for me stylistically. Easy to enjoy, but with plenty of complexity to keep me interested. I encourage folks to try them.

No, he is kind to those with good taste and cooking skills, both of which you lack.

This is too funny. Thanks all for the support, it means a lot. What a great site this is to bring such a community together. Super glad to be a part of it from nearly the start.

I am in! Love the Pinot Noir and I really enjoyed last year’s Berserker Day Pinot Blanc.

Got into Vincent’s Pinots last year after Berserker Day.

His wines are superb.

I am generally not a huge Pinot drinker but these wines will make you a believer!

Vincent is a great guy making great wines. Super happy to support him and we really enjoy the juice!

If you eat scallops, you should buy his Pinot Blanc and consume them together.

I’m in!

In. Thanks so much!

I’m drinking a Vincent 2014 Pinot Blanc now. I’m seriously addicted to this wine, and I’m predominately a red wine lover. His Pinots are also amazing and terrific QPRs!

Wow, thank you Sheila, that so cool. Cheers.

Jumping on this right now.

Can I assume these are nothing like Russian River Pinots??