Seven of Hearts: 7 Packages @ 30% Off - Whites, Pinots, BIG REDS (Nebbiolo,...), Library Wines

[flirtysmile.gif]Happy Berserker Day and thank you for checking out Seven of Hearts and Luminous Hills!

We put together our Berserker Day offering to help you explore our wines. Seven of Hearts and Luminous Hills is offering seven special packages for Berserker Day VII. These packages with discounts will be available only to WineBerserkers, so please use the coupon code WBDAY in the order detail for each package to receive the special pricing, which is 30% off our regular prices.

These special packages include White Wines, Pinot Noir, Library Wines, and Big Reds (GSM plus C, Mourvèdre, Tannat, Nebbiolo). You may choose one package, multiple packages, or more than one of a given package, however quantities of some items are limited and all offers are subject to available stock (the website will indicate when items are out of stock and no longer available).

For those of you that are shipping, we are offering a flat rate shipping of $7 per package for ground shipping to permissible states within the continental U.S. (allowable states are indicated on the order page, but includes most states).

Berserker Day VII Packages (general order information below or simply click on the link after each package):

Package 1: White Wines

• A delightful variety of newly released white wines inspired by wines we love from the old world: a bone-dry Riesling from 31-year-old vines, a Pinot Gris with complexity and finesse from old vines in Yamhill-Carlton, coupled with richer fruit in Columbia Valley Oregon; Sauvignon Blanc from exquisite 36-year-old vines on the Washington side of the Columbia River; a Rhone style blend of Viognier & Roussanne from the Oregon side of the Columbia River; a small 2-barrel selection of Roussanne; and a rich, aromatic but balanced sweet wine made from Viognier.

2014 Seven of Hearts Riesling, Vigna Giovanni Vineyard, Yamhill-Carlton ($21)
2014 Seven of Hearts Pinot Gris, Oregon ($18)
2014 Seven of Hearts Sauvignon Blanc, Stonehenge Vineyard, Columbia Valley Washington ($18)
2014 Seven of Hearts Viognier & Roussanne, Columbia Valley Oregon ($18)
2014 Seven of Hearts Roussanne, Rattlesnake Road Vineyard, Columbia Valley Oregon ($24)
2014 Seven of Hearts Ice Princess Viognier Sweet Wine ($21)

Regular Price: $120.00
Berserker Day Price: $84.00

Link to White Wines Package:

Package 2: Chardonnay

• Two vintages of our three different Chardonnays, including our single vineyard designates from the Gran Moraine and Willakia vineyards, and our Willamette Valley blend made from those two vineyards. All three are crisp, balanced and ageable. Part stainless and part neutral French oak on the Willamette Valley with some new French Oak on the single vineyards. No malolactic fermentation on any of them.

2012 Seven of Hearts Chardonnay, Willamette Valley ($24) *** Silver S.F. Chronicle Wine Competition ***
2012 Seven of Hearts Chardonnay Gran Moraine Vineyard, Yamhill-Carlton ($32) *** 90 Points PinotFile ***
2012 Seven of Hearts Chardonnay Wilakia Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills ($32) *** 73 Cases Produced ***
2013 Seven of Hearts Chardonnay, Willamette Valley ($24) *** Gold S.F. Chronicle wine Competition ***
2013 Seven of Hearts Chardonnay Gran Moraine Vineyard, Yamhill-Carlton ($32) *** Gold Oregon Wine Awards ***
2013 Seven of Hearts Chardonnay Wilakia Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills ($32) *** 73 Cases Produced ***

Regular Price: $176.00
Berserker Day Price: $123.20

Link to Chardonnay Package:

Package 3: Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir

• Two vintages of the three different blends we make from our estate vineyard in the Yamhill-Carlton appellation. A high elevation vineyard along the coast range in the southwest corner of the AVA, Luminous Hills has Wlllakenzie sedimentary soils at the lower elevation between 600 and 700 feet, and Jory volcanic at the top between 700 and 800 feet. Planted in six blocks using four clones and two rootstocks, matching elevation, aspect and soils to rootstock and clone for the best possible expression. From this, three blends are made: the “silver” is the big picture story of the vineyard, drawing from 14-17 barrels from all 6 blocks, resulting in a broad spectrum of red fruit and dusty berries from the upper elevation, to darker spicier elements and round fleshy notes from the lower elevation. The LUX is from two clones (Pommard and 777) from the southwest aspects of the vineyard, creating a more muscular and voluptuous wine. The ASTRA is the more cerebral wine of the three, taken only from the southern blocks and the 667 and 115 clone.

2013 Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir “silver” ($35) *** 90 Points PinotFile ***
2013 Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir LUX ($42) *** 91 Points PinotFile ***
2013 Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir ASTRA ($42) *** 91 Points Vinous ***
2014 Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir “silver” ($35) *** NEW RELEASE ***
2014 Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir LUX ($42) *** NEW RELEASE ***
2014 Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir ASTRA ($42) *** NEW RELEASE ***

Regular Price: $238.00
Berserker Day Price: $166.60

Link to Luminous Hills Package:

Package 4: Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir (Current Releases)

• All our latest release Seven of Hearts Pinot Noirs, including our most popular Willamette Valley blend from five vineyards, three single vineyard designates from vineyards we love, and our flagship Special Reserve, a barrel selection from four of the five Pinot Noir vineyards we work with. Nothing above 13.2% alcohol and all top out at around 25% new French oak.

2014 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley ($24) *** Best of Class S.F. Chronicle Wine Competition ***
2014 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley ($24) (You’ll want two of these!)
2014 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir, Vigna Giovanni Vineyard, Yamhill-Carlton ($35) *** 49 Cases Produced ***
2013 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Bjornson Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills ($35) *** 90 Points Vinous ***
2013 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Armstrong Vineyard, Ribbon Ridge ($35) *** 90 Points Vinous ***
2013 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Special Reserve, Willamette Valley ($49) *** 91 Points Vinous ***

Regular Price: $202.00
Berserker Day Price: $141.40

Link to Current Pinot Noir Package:

Package 5: 2012 Libarary Pinot Noirs

• A selection of our previously released Pinot Noirs from the 2012 vintage, now in library. Limited to seven (7) packages available for sale.

2012 Luminous Hills Estate Grown Pinot Noir, Yamhill-Carlton ($35) *** 92 Points PinotFile ***
2012 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir, Armstrong Vineyard, Ribbon Ridge ($35) *** 91 Points Tanzer ***
2012 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Durant Vineyard, Dundee Hills ($35) *** 92 Points Tanzer ***
2012 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Lia’s Vineyard, Chehalem Mountains ($35) *** 91 Points Tanzer ***
2012 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Special Reserve, Willamette Valley ($49) *** 92 Points Tanzer ***
2012 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir, Very Special Reserve, Willamette Valley ($75) *** 93 Points Tanzer ***

Regular Price: $264.00
Berserker Day Price: $184.80

Link to 2012 Library Pinot Noir Package:

Package 6: 2011 Library Pinot Noirs

• A selection of our previously released Pinot Noirs from the 2011 vintage, now in library. Limited to seven (7) packages available for sale.

2011 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley ($24) *** 89 Points Tanzer ***
2011 Luminous Hills Estate Pinot Noir, Yamhill-Carlton ($35) *** 90 Points Tanzer ***
2011 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Armstong Vineyard, Ribbon Ridge ($35) *** 89 Points Tanzer ***
2011 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir, Lia’s Vineyard, Chehalem Mountains ($35) *** 89 Points Tanzer ***
2011 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Special Reserve, Willamette Valley ($49) *** 90 Points Tanzer ***
2011 Seven of Hearts Pinot Noir Very Special Reserve, Willamette Valley ($75) *** 92 Points Tanzer ***

Regular Price: $253.00
Berserker Day Price: $177.10

Link to 2011 Library Pinot Noir Package:

Package 7: Seven of Hearts Big Reds - A Selection of our Columbia Valley Red Wines

• This package explores our love of red wines from the Rhone Valley, Bandol, Bordeaux, and Madiran in France, and Piedmont in Italy. The GSM plus C, with its components grown along the banks for the Columbia River in Washington, has finesse, structure and restrained use of oak to delivery a wine that reflect its terroir and varietals: elegant fruit and white pepper from the 33-year-old Grenache; earth, meat and blue fruit from the Syrah; and gamey, tobacco, coffee, leather and cracked pepper from the Mourvèdre; and a lifting whiff of strawberry from the Cinsault. The Tradition is a right bank style blend with on emphasis on beautiful supple but structured Merlot fruit, a little added backbone and darker fruit from the Cabernet Sauvignon, a spicier red fruit contribution from the Cabernet Franc. The Tannat delivers all the rich chocolatey full bodied qualities one love’s from a Tannat, and the Nebbiolo has the essential tension of rose and iron that one yearns for from the varietal.

2013 GSM plus C (Grenache / Syrah / Mourvèdre / Cinsault), Columbia Valley WA ($25) *** Double Gold Seattle Wine Awards ***
2013 Mourvèdre, Hellsgate Vineyard, Columbia Valley Washington ($29) *** Gold Seattle Wine Awards ***
2013 Tradition (Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot / Cabernet Franc), Columbia Valley ($25) *** Gold Seattle Wine Awards ***
2013 Merlot, Hellsgate Vineyard, Columbia Valley Washington ($29) *** 45 Cases Produced ***
2013 Tannat, Rattlesnake Road Vineyard, Columbia Valley Oregon ($29) *** JUST RELEASED ***
2013 Nebbiolo, Coyote Canyon Vineyard, Columbia Valley Washington ($35) *** Silver S.F. Chronicle Wine Competition ***

Regular Price: $172
Berserker Day Price: $120.40

Link to Big Reds Package:

To place your order, go to the Special Offers tab on the Buy Wine page of our website. To receive the Berserker Day pricing use the coupon code WBDAY in the COUPON box in the order detail immediately next to each package (not the Promo Code box further up, which is for promotions that apply to all products).

Link to order Berserker Packages: Seven of Hearts Wine - Site down

For those of you that are shipping, we are offering a flat rate shipping of $7 per package for ground shipping to permissible states within the continental U.S. (allowable states are indicated on the order page, but includes most states). If shipping is not specified, the wine will be held for pickup in Will Call at the Seven of Hearts tasting room (217 W. Main Street, Carlton OR 97111). We are open five days a week year round, Thursday through Monday, 11am to 5pm. You are welcome to a complimentary wine tasting for four people when you pick up your Berserker Day packages.

Data sheets are available for all of the wines in the Berserker Day packages on the trade page of our website (accessible to all consumers): http://www.sevenofheartswine.com/trade/

If you have any questions, call or text (971-241-6548), or email (info at sevenofheartswine dot com).

Happy Berserker Day! [cheers.gif]

Such good wines!!

I bought the whites last year, and will do so again this year. Thanks to Beau for tipping me off.

Last year scores averaged 87 - 89. Great everyday drinkers. I liked them. Non-geeks loved them. [cheers.gif]

Thank you, Beau!

Most of you remember this winery from the Bob Wood Memorial bottling that hundreds of us purchased…

Thank you, Todd. I wish I could have offered that for Berserker Day. We do still open a bottle at various points every year in memory of Bob…

Byron
curmudgeon cuvee back.png

In for big reds package.

Got it. Thank you, Mark!
7hearts_neb1.jpg

I enjoyed the whites last year. I just placed my new order. See you again in 2017. flirtysmile

FYI, the promo code goes in the box adjacent to the case price. That’s below the other promo code box.

Thank you, Dan – for the order and the handy coupon code tip! Will get to work now making your wines for next year…

Quick update: 2 packages left of the 2011 Library Pinot Noirs and 3 left of the 2012 Library Pinot Noirs.

Thank you all for your interest in our wines. It’s an honor to have your support.

Byron

Please also check out our auction item: AUCTION: Seven of Hearts 2012 Pinot Noir Special Reserve - Double Magnum!!! - BerserkerDay VII Auctions - Close Jan 30th, 2016 - WineBerserkers

Only 6 double magnums of this wine were made.
Your bids on this item will help support this forum. [thankyou.gif]

My wine just arrived. I forgot all about the Ice princess Viognier Sweet Wine. That 375 was a pleasant surprise in the box. Like getting Mickey Mantle in a package of baseball cards when no one ever expected to get it. Byron, how long can I lay this down for?

It’s pretty indestructible, Dan, as we’ve discovered through some experiments intentional and unintentional (finding a half empty bottle in a fridge that had died and actually heated the wine up, and another where a bottle had been set aside open at room temperature for many months – both of which had evolved, but positively, and neither tired or diminished). In a more normal aging assessment, we have recently opened several bottles of our 2010 vintage of this wine from our library and they have aged gracefully on an upward trajectory with the promise of many more years of life. I am confident the bottle you have will age well for at least 10 years, probably quite a few more…

Byron

Maybe I should open this and order more (before I post a note on CT). [wink.gif]

You are a very wise man, Dan. [thumbs-up.gif]

Byron,

A couple of recent notes, and a question.

2014 Seven of Hearts Riesling Vigna Giovanni (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton)
If this was a ‘regular’ white wine, I would have been very happy for the $15.00 that I paid on the WineBerserker special. But it wasn’t a white wine. The label said Riesling. It didn’t say dry riesling. The label said riesling. Now I’m no expert, but I know enough to know a riesling when I taste it. As a white wine, this was a very pleasant 87. As a riesling, let’s say the wine was flawed.
Drank this at brunch with family in Tarrytown.

2014 Seven of Hearts Sauvignon Blanc Stonehenge Vineyard (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley) 87
Solid QPR. BerserkerDay special. Light yellow color. Very easy drinking. This drank beautifully with salmon, and continued to drink well for several hours. This will taste really good outside on a hot summer day.

I’m not sure what your question is, Dan. The Riesling is a dry. There is no requirement for a Riesling to be labeled as dry, off-dry or sweet, although I did put the R.S. on the front of the label, which is 0.05%, technically “bone dry”. I tasted it last night. It is exactly the kind of Riesling I wanted it to be. I’m sorry you didn’t like it. I did state in the introduction of the white wine set in the Berserker offer that the Riesling is bone dry, however, I’d be happy to refund you your money, if you feel you got something different than you were expecting.

Byron

That’s not necessary. When I pulled the bottle, I just expected it to have a little sweetness. As a wine, it was delightful. [cheers.gif]