The "how I got caught" thread

Since some of us did some damage today, I figured it would be interesting to hear how some of you “got caught” by your significant other.

2 years ago I was snowboarding at vail and borrowed my wife’s iPad to pick some deals. I must have left the order confirmation tabs up because later that night I heard the "were you ordering wine from a ski lift!?!?!??

Tonight I headed out to play hockey, stopped for gas. Cc declined. Phone rings 2 mins later… Wide got a call from visa fraud alert. “how much wine did you order???”

Im planning to put this on her calendar for next year… Good thing she likes great wine!

I think I mentioned this earlier today in another thread, but spent most of Fri and Sat updating my inv in CellarTracker then moving some boxes into new offsite storage. Wife helped me move the boxes. Became crystal clear how much wine we have. She was not amused.

Im almost up to 100 bottles. My girlfriend and her whole family are wine people. And financially we are not on the same level so she is really eyeballing my wines. Caught me? Maybe, we will see.

Updated Cellartracker not realizing that I had left the Facebook feature on. Calls from her (and quite a few friends) saying, “you bought HOW MANY CaSES!!!”

I made a deal that I wouldn’t question her purchases this weekend if she didn’t question mine. I made out well, but thinking she may have made out better. Checking the CC statement now. Burn - haha

I did that with Twitter one time. Started getting messages wondering what the heck was going on. Looked online like I was buying one bottle after another after another…

Not sure if my situation is better or not. Not worried about my wife catching me as she was participating yesterday and responsible for some of the purchases. Don’t need to hide purchases but it is harder to keep things in check without the fear of discovery.

I’m always pretty upfront with my wife on wine purchases, but she made it easier yesterday when she came home with a new Coach bag

My wife is cool with the wine hobby. The only thing she ever says is if I picked up more 96 Krug cuz she loves that bottle so much. She just had some Westvleteren XII this weekend that a friend shared with us and she says she can’t drink any other beer now. Asked me to get some Westy…umm sure…maybe next Nov. She knows nothing about wine and beer, but knows what she likes…and likes the expensive stuff.

And it appears we have similar taste in women, as that sounds awfully familiar [cheers.gif]

(too bad I’m not a doctor)

Does she usually like Belgian quads and/or Barleywines?

Ask her if you can borrow the bag to haul around that 3L bottle of Kutch you’re getting. [stirthepothal.gif]

I just told her that I bought wine.

I’m actually the more reasonable of the two of us. A couple of times yesterday I would go "Ohhhhh… . . . " at something and she would say “Get it!” If I bought everything she ok’d, we would be in the poor house for sure. She always says something like, “If you’re willing to spend money on it, I know it must be good.”

The only impass is that I like Pinot, she likes Zinfandel, and we both like Cab. Sauv.

Those Taiwanese. All label whores :stuck_out_tongue:

After an afternoon of ordering wine from work, Visa thought it could be possibly fraudulent and called the house to verify the orders… My wife answered. She then called me from her cell to verify vendors and dollar amounts on 5 orders. After the third , " Yes that was my order." I was starting to sweat and thought I was in big trouble.
All she said was, " I guess I get to go shoe shopping this weekend!"

I love the theme with many of us here… if you spend “X” on berserker day, our wives go off and revenge-spend “2x” on purses.

I don’t know. She’s not much of a drinker, but the Westy blew her away. Actually, my expectations were sky high for Westy and it met my expectations. I loved it. My buddy says St. Bernardus ABT 12 is similar and pretty tasty also and easy to find. I’m gonna go pick up some St. Bernardus, but that Westy is haunting. Damn, the Westy was fanfreakintastic!

LOL. I think if you get the fraud alert call, that’s really saying something. Ha!

Got a call after placing and order with Veronica, who is this hi times wines calling.