LaCrosse Technology - Wine Cellar Temperature and Humidity Monitor/Alert (free shipping!)

We’re not just about awesome wines and microlot coffee and Brian Loring spray…we’ve got the mega-geek covered. I’ve been working hard on getting LaCrosse Technology to put up a nice offer for you ballers with the big cellars, and here it is!

Special Offer for Wine Berserkers:
La Crosse Alerts™ Wine Storage Temperature and Humidity Monitor and Alert Systems are 25% OFF plus FREE Ground Shipping with the Wine Berserkers exclusive coupon code. Discount offer applies to La Crosse Alerts™ Remote Monitoring items until 01/31/2013.

Use coupon code: wineberserkers

Buy Now Direct from La Crosse Technology for 25% OFF plus FREE Ground Shipping:
http://store.lacrossetechnology.com/temperature-and-humidity-monitor-and-alert-system

We have been responding to user feedback with several recent updates to our web-based monitoring system.
Thank you for your feedback to help improve the La Crosse Alerts™ Remote Monitoring Systems.

Please feel free to send us your ideas or other feedback about the La Crosse Alerts™ Remote Monitors:
http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/support/alerts/

Learn More about the La Crosse Alerts Remote Monitors:
http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/alerts/wine-cellar-temperature-humidity-monitor-no-probe.php

La Crosse Alerts™ Wine Storage Temperature and Humidity Monitor and Alert System
Monitor and protect your wine collection with the easy-to-use temperature and humidity monitor by La Crosse Technology®.* Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to remotely monitor temperature and humidity levels that affect sensitive wine.* Monitor ambient temperature and humidity to maintain ideal storage conditions.* Add multiple sensors for other areas. Receive text or e-mail notifications when MIN/MAX temperature or humidity levels are exceeded, when the connection is lost, and the batteries are low.* La Crosse Alerts ™, your wine’s… homepage.

• Disclaimers: (1) La Crosse Technology, LTD. (“La Crosse”) provides various alert services to aid users. La Crosse shall not be liable for accuracy, usefulness or availability of data transmitted via the service. Users are solely responsible for damages to persons or property by service use. (2) Service providers may charge users for alert services. Standard messaging and data rates apply and will be billed to the customer’s wireless account. Customers may be unable to receive text messaging or data service in some areas due to unavailability of service. (3) La Crosse shall not be liable for any damages or warranty issues that may incur from altering property (plumbing) to accommodate the temperature monitoring hardware. Users are solely responsible for damages to persons or property by use of the hardware installation kit.

la_crosse_alerts_wine_monitor.jpg

The site just says ‘smartphone or tablet’ everywhere, it never mentions Android or iOS. All photos show Apple mobile products… anyone know if Android is supported?

I use this on my iPad and iphone

I am confused about the differences between LaCrosse and WeatherDirect. I use the WeatherDirect interface and I like it but this interface looks better.

Same technology, better interface.

Looks like it is a separate sign in. If so, I’ll look into it later.

I see you can use multiple sensors. How many sensors can you use?

Not sure how many, only need 2, but can take more

The Weatherdirect model is $68 shipped from ambientweather. As others have said, it’s the exact same with a worse interface, but I just download the records into excel anyway. My only complaint with them is that they only store 30 days worth on their website, so I have to go in every 30 days and download the temperatures.

The Weatherdirect model has a nice desktop display panel that shows you the forecast today and for the next 3 days. I actually really like it, I probably use that more than the temperature sensor that I bought the system for.

http://www.ambientweather.com/latx60uset.html

Do you have to subscribe for online access?
I see in the material description of 1 year enhanced service and 4 years basic service.
thx
bob

Is there a subscription? and free ground shipping is not appearing for me…

Think the subscription is only necessary if you want to have alerts sent out.

Thanks. Online recording still happens without subscription? I got the shipping issue sorted out.

Unit arrived today!