Learning about Wine Compliance

I’ve been debating over taking a wine compliance class (either UC Davis’ or via DH Wine Compliance) and was wondering if anyone has taken one and if they recommend it? What have you found the best way to learn the ins and outs of wine compliance? Any help or direction would be most helpful. Thanks

Drea at DH is our compliance person and I have taken one of her classes. It was great and I’d like to take more.

Napa Valley College has a very good class about licensing, label approvals, etc. I took it but learned quite a bit more just being on the job (read: making mistakes).

The only weak spot is that it does not cover direct shipping, mostly because that would be an entire semester in and of itself.

Hardy-
I see she offers 2 different classes on Fundamentals, which did you take? Looks like the Fundamentals II is a little more in depth.

I took Fundamentals 1. Fairly basic stuff but I needed that. I would love to take others when I have time just to have a deeper understanding. But even with more knowledge, I will remain very happy paying someone (DH) to do our compliance. :slight_smile:

x2 on Drea. Wonderful.