Advice for finding a 2014 harvest job

I’m hoping to get my first experience working @ in the wine industry this year and my plan is to try to find a winery in Santa Barbara county or Paso Robles that needs help during harvest. Can anyone offer advice on acquiring a position and/or advice if I’m able to find something.
A couple of questions that I have are: what is the proper ettiquete for contacting wineries about openings (is email okay, should I include resume and cover letter?)
Is it too early to seek work for harvest and if so, what is the proper time to start the search?
Thanks!

William, on page two of this forum page you will find a similar thread from 2013. It should be helpful. I would say that it’s too early now, but maybe around May is when most wineries start looking for harvest help? Good luck and welcome to the board.

Hi Email me your resume. steve@clospepe.com.

Get a copy of this: http://www.amazon.com/50-Tips-For-Cellar-Rats/dp/0557423627/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390118729&sr=8-1&keywords=50+tips+cellar+rats

Thanks for the replies. Wes, I’ll check out that book and Stephen I just emailed you my resume.