Who's got budbreak?

I’ve seen neighbors flushing frost systems in my valley this week. We’re still tight. There’s gotta be green tissue somewhere! Anyone? [whistle.gif]

Nada. And I am grateful for that.

i was just thinking about this today - generally we see something about now…

There was budbreak in Freestone a couple of weeks ago.

Big +1.

We have lots of frosts still, so unless I want to get up at 3 am, I am hoping it holds off for at least several weeks.

were seeing pink in Santa Clara Valley and tight over on Watsonville Road.

I have no frost protection, other than that provided by my much larger neighbors. Frediani’s overhead sprinklers actually hit about 10% of my place directly, and then the cumulative effect of wind machines at Frediani, Kenefick, Araujo (although they have gone to some very sophisticated sprinklers at least in some parts of Eisele) and whoever else is hanging around the area. But it is still sleepless for me on frost nights because of the worry and from all the noise associated with the discharge of the water and the air. But grateful for all their efforts…man, please don’t give us another 2008 frost season. Please no - I think it was frost alarms for 28 of 30 April nights. But the 2008s are tasting pretty good right now. Pain experienced is not necessarily congruent with wine quality.

hiking last two days in Calistoga. Man, it was balmy, almost to the point of muggy at times. Beautiful for hiking, but, man, oh, man, not soothing for growers worried about early bud-break!

68f was the high here. Warm enough to make a person nervous. It is well below 50 now and the low should be in the upper 30’s I think.

Going to be a week of warm weather, if you like that sort of thing. I think this thread with warm up too in about 7-10 days.

Hey, what happeded to posting this interesting bud break news on the weather page! [soap.gif] I see, Casey causing trouble again? [wow.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] Then you better order up some cool air and rain pronto! [help.gif]

Yeah, Casey, why don’t you ask Todd for a merge thread?

I have Pinot out and some Chard starting. I expect it to really go after the moon cycles from new.

Week or two ago in RRV off the valley floor in some young PN under an oak tree. Fairly specific. lol

I am just praying that our Easter event isn’t too bad this year. Muscat Canelli is showing signs of starting to wake up but it’s always an early bird. Thank God for fruitful secondaries!

chardonnay since last week of february in palo alto

Our estate Chardonnay popped today in San Martin, due to > 70F weather.

No actual leaves, but the Q-tips are starting to turn green on pinot here in Marin.

We don’t have any buds showing yet but we will be protecting for frost now thru mothers day.
Up here its not a question of are we going to have any frost but how many are we going to have this year.

Dangerously close. Some white cottony appearances. My table grapes (2 vines!) just popped to eraser-head: sometimes the pattern is the Cab goes within days of this, and sometimes it can take a couple of weeks. Depends on the weather.