Family Winemakers . . . Anyone Going?

I’ll be pouring for the first time at the SF Family Winemakers events this Sun and Mon - wondering if anyone else will be there pouring or attending . . . .

I know Jim Cowan will be there. I’m not ITB, but seriously considering attending…

You don’t need to be in the biz to attend the Sunday afternoon tasting. Trade is 1-3 and consumer is 3-6 . . .

I’m planning to be there both days to write up a report for Grape-Nutz.com, Larry - see you there! Might fill in now and then to pour there for Harrington Wines but it sounds like Bryan Harrington will have that covered. Always a great line-up of wineries pouring at this event, has to be the best annual tasting in the Bay Area.

If I understand the ticketing right you can actually buy your way into the trade part of the tasting. I have a discount code from Sojourn that is only good for the consumer admission, so the differential ends up being about $30 - but if the consumer part gets as crowded as Pinot Days it might be worth it. Definitely agree that it’s a great lineup of wineries.

Steve - My experience is the public tasting is actually better than the trade tasting, especially on Sunday. The big distributors (Youngs, Southern) give out hords of tickets to restaurant staff and even set up party buses for them and it turns into drinking fest during the ‘trade’ part.

Thanks for the input Paul!

This will be our first Family Winemakers event. I’ll be sure to stop by to introduce myself. If you’re at the event, please stop by and say “hi.”