Anyone Else Harvesting Yet??

Just got word today that they were bringing in the Chardonnay grapes today. Busy starts now!

August 7 ?
Holy crap!
Best, Jim

We have bud break by early March. Everything is in except the Vijiriega by end of Sept. No risk for storms… [cheers.gif]

It will be a late year for Germany. I have no doubt that we will harvest some parcels in November this year -like the good old days!

Cheers,
Bill

Is Spain that much warmer than the majority of Europe?

Wow. lucky you. We are still at least a month away.

The Texas High Plains is about 1/3 finished. Almost all whites out and some early reds as well. Looks to be a good year. I love our drought…but I have to be quiet about that.

Our Chardonnay is in, as is the Viognier and Merlot. I think my little hectare of Zinfandel is coming in tomorrow followed by the Tempranillo and Gracian Tintoria.

Don’t worry Dusty, Texas wine people don’t read Berserkers forums :slight_smile:

We are getting close to 2/3 done here in Texas. Picking Cabernet and Tempranillo this weekend, then we’ll have Cabernet Franc and Roussanne still hanging

Bringing in 5 tons of Sauv Blanc this morning. It’s ON! [shock.gif]

You remember how to make white wine?

One and a quarter tons of pinot today from Bacigalupi(or should I say yeaterday). Another eight tons to coming in today from Oehlman and Tine Marie from the RRV today. Time for bed?

1 ton from Estate today. 4+ tons Pinot from Floodgate in 6 hours, better get to bed.

The word is that most estates will start with the Sauvignon Blanc harvest next week in the Pfalz. Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Silvaner, Pinot Noir and Gewürztraminer are still many weeks out. Perfect weather so far. I have seen next to zero botrytis. We’ll probably pick Auxerrois within a couple of weeks.

I just heard about some Cab picking going on in Napa today for the first time. All of it is on the eastern side of the valley and in the upper half. Essentially the warmest part. Seven Stones picks two tiny blocks tomorrow with heavy afternoon exposure.

Saw some vineyards yesterday on Howell Mountain that are beginning. We’ll likely pick HM cab somewhere around Oct 8-10, depending on the heat in the next few days. Some activity around St Helena. Looked like Abreu’s Capella vineyard was picked early Fri morning. A portion of Madrone, and Spottswoode looked picked. Some other vineyards on the Sulphur Creek alluvial looked to be preparing as well. Nothing going on south of there. In Oakville, BTK, Backus, SE all had fruit still hanging.

We’re having our end of harvest party today! [wow.gif]

Can I come! [wow.gif] [cheers.gif]

You have an open invitation Linda!!! flirtysmile