Tasting Room Glasses

I’m gonna be looking for some nice big ones, with etched logo and looking for good soures. Any info or leads greatly appreciated!

the Reidel Restaurant Series has the big Bordeaux/Cab glasses, this series is only available to on premise accounts… They are sturdier than the reg Reidel and have a nice big bowl. I don’t know where you are but they wholesale through Wine Warehouse on the West Coast

careful w/ the etched glasses for regular tasting use. Most only have a lifespan of x amount of washes…

Yes, the big Riedel ones are great. The restaurant series are a little sturdier… the logos get messed up after a few washes so watch out…

If you have to have a logo AND you want the glasses to last awhile, you’ll probably have to go with something like “Libby.” They aren’t fancy but our little port glasses are eight years old, the logo is etched pretty deep in the thick glass and they still look new. The glasses are pretty thick, heavy with a substantial stem.

Call California Etching
840 Jackson St
Napa, CA 94559
707-224-9966

You can visit their showroom. They have tons of different glass and silkscreen/etching options

We have found that white pyroglazed glasses hold up better after repeated washings than the etched ones. Unless you have a really keen eye the difference is not that easy to tell. As for the Riedel, I agree that I like their feel, but the Libby is likely to be more durable in the long run. Good luck with this.

Dave - we were looking for glasses about 6 months ago and I highly recommend Debbie Douglas. I am travelling but shoot me a PM and when I get back to the office i’ll send you info,

Karen

I think it’s worth looking for more angular glasses with a conical bottom so that a tasting room sized pour looks like something. The big flat bottomed bowls make an ounce or two look like a pretty paltry pour. I ended up buying from ATP in Windsor because I could go in to their store and look at their samples. I found the Debbie Douglas model, where she sends a succession of samples, slowly, pretty frustrating.

We are very happy with the stolzle glasses from ATP. We had others that were way too fragile in the racks.