Suggestions for finding small quantity of 500ml flint glass?

Thought I’d check to see whether anyone has suggestions on finding about 12-14 cases of 500ml flint glass for a small non-commercial bottling I have coming up. That would be my preferred glass though I know how tough it is to find, and I may end up going with 375s. The glass company I used to have good success with as far as finding small odd lots is no longer in business so I’m hoping someone here might know of another one that might be worth a try for something like this. Thanks!

Have you tried Encore?

They were actually my first thought as far as larger glass suppliers, and I’ll have more time to look into this tomorrow so I’ll definitely check in with them. Thanks.

Ken - this morning I received an email from West Coast Wine Bottles (have never used them) and thought of you as I think this is the glass you are looking for. The email offer was $5.99/case and looks like you can order in small quantities too. http://westcoastbottles.com/bottles/specialty/bordeaux-z500-zia/

Karen

Thanks for the link, Karen. We actually ended up going with 375s, which worked out fine (bottled this past Saturday). But good to know about this 500ml glass at a very good price for future reference.

I’ve dealt with them for small quantities (like, I’ve run short and need <100 cases tomorrow) and have found them very accommodating. They are now my first stop in bottle shopping.

How have you found their glass quality to be, Stewart? I asked around a little about West Coast Wine Bottles and got a comment that glass someone had gotten from them was not very good quality, though I suppose that can happen from most companies depending on what you order from them.

Good luck with your search, Ken!

Might I take a guess at what you are bottling? :wink:

As noted a few posts above, we gave up on searching for 500ml glass and went in with Bryan Harrington on a larger quantity of 375s, and bottled a little over a week ago. It was for a Mission Angelica dessert wine - now you won’t have to guess! :slight_smile: