FedEx Cool Shipping

Does anyone know anything about FedEx cool shipping? Has it started for the year yet, and can you do it with ground shipping? Also, how much additional cost is involved? Thanks.

As it was explained to me awhile back.

The wines are temperature controlled from some point at the first DC to the last/closest DC to the recipient. At that point they are marked for priority/early morning delivery but no longer under controlled temps. I was told it was similar in price to two-day.

The problems, as I see it - if you are really shipping some place hot, how cool do the overnights/mornings get? I know the DC’s have AC (inhumane to work in Houston (for example) without it). When is the truck loaded? What happens if the first delivery attempt is missed?

It starts 5/15.

I like it a lot. Temperature control from the local FedEX location to the final and then out for 10:30AM delivery on the final leg.

It costs less than 2-day and is a much better option than UPS temp control.

These should all ship to a business address. If they are missed, it is back on the truck for the rest of the day.

so is it just cases or do they do pallets?

Can you have the package shipped to the nearest FedEx office for customer pick up? That would be my best option.