How many wines are you pouring in your tasting room?

We want to change things up a bit and redo our lineup. We have the ability to put up 10 different wines and currently do (for $10). This ends up being a LOT of wine. What are you doing in your tasting room or what have you seen that works well?

Thanks.

I typically pour 5 wines for $10 (refundable with purchase).

There are times when some of my low production stuff has been released, so it can be poured for a brief period. Last year, it happened to be the same situation as you - 10 wines. What I did was split the menu into two options:
5 wines for $5
5 low production wines for $15 - everything on this list was 100 cases or less

Another option is to let each customer choose five of the ten wines.

I realize that in both of those cases, you still have 10 bottles open on most days, but pouring 10 wines per person is too much IMO.

We usually have 2 whites which some skip against my recommendation. We have 3-5 current release PN’s open depending on whats available. And usually a library wine. Were pretty low traffic here in AV most of my groups stay 45-90 minutes chatting and working thru the wines.

Our tasting sheet lists $5 fee refundable with purchase but its only enforced if someone asks “what y’all got for free” or on Beer fest and Ragge fest weekends though we now close of Ragge fest and go to Tahoe. I think I would make more changing for the bathroom than for tasting so we don’t really do either. We also don’t have any limo/bus tour groups that come thru and on the rare occasion one comes up from Sonapa I turn them away if a group bigger than 6 with no appointment as I’m usually a one man show and large groups detract from the experience were trying to provide.

“I typically pour 5 wines for $10 (refundable with purchase).”

We have three different flights, with some wines appearing in more than one. One flight is $15, but has an extra wine and usually a more high-end appeal. newhere

From a consumer standpoint 10 wines is way too many. Too many options may prevent me from being able to make a purchase decision. The idea of a mixed menu is appealing. 2 different 5 wine line-ups at $10 per. That way if a couple comes in and they want to try all 10 you are at least getting a bit more $ for the deal.