A Question to Winemakers re: CellarTracker

quick question for the winemakers out there:

do you mind if customers of yours copy/paste wine data from your website into your wine’s CellarTracker entry? in this case, “wine data” refers to stuff like harvest date, brix, alcohol, and any other notes/background that you may post online.

eric - if you read this, are there any copyright issues with copying/pasting these kinds of data?

i’ve always wished that more winemakers populated the fields in CellarTracker - here’s hoping that more do in the future!

It wouldn’t bother me. At this point, I am working to have the staff to be able to make the info public in the first place.

I have never seen an issue with this. It just needs to end up in the per-wine article. And it can’t include Parker, Spectator or other copyrighted material.

I wish winemakers would include and/or release more technical info about their wines. I know more are doing it, which I commend. Sometimes it’s nice to easily and quickly look up the information when needed. So having it in cellartracker would be very helpful.

I don’t mind one bit, and I’ve been negligent in adding the data for my own wines.

Fine by me.
Best, Jim

x2 for me. I should be entering more info mysealf.