Repairing press bladder leaks

I have a few small leaks in my inflatable bladder press. Does anyone have some easy ways to repair these in place? I’d prefer not to use a bike tire repair kit! :slight_smile: I am thinking of clear silicone caulk. Any other ideas? Thanks.

What’s the bladder made out of ?

That is part of the problem, I don’t know. The user manual says to patch the membrane with the same material as the membrane, but does not tell me what that material is.

What kind of press ? What color is the bladder ? Is it black like a tire tube ?

It a SK Press and the membrane material is white.

Yeah, that is what I get when I google it. :slight_smile:

If it is PVC, the best way to repair it would be to heat weld a patch over the top of the tear. Most exterior adhesives you can get at a local hardware will not work. I would go to a boat supply store online and order a PVC patch repair kit they have for inflatable rafts.

Prospero in Windsor sells SK. They gave me a square foot of the bladder material for patching with mine, but they didn’t tell me what sort of cement to use. You can use it if you are anywhere near Treasure Island, but you would probably be better off getting the scoop from Prospero if you are still working at this on Tues.

Thanks. Was able to contact Prospero and they are sending me some patch material.