Anyone else feeling anxious?

Grapes are ripening fast and Im not ready. Could someone order some cooler weather please?

I am after seeing this video…

I’m buying a half ton of pinot noir from a vineyard north a few miles away from Talley… going to pay the site a visit Monday… yikes…

Berry, today was MY day to feel the same as you. As stated before Roederer (Schaffenberger owned by Roederer) starts tomorrow. Today I talked to one of my crew leaders and realized we’re 3 weeks away from picking sparkling Pinot and Chard. I have a 10 acre field to prep before fall and numerous other projects.

Today it really hit me that harvest is near.

Of course. There’s a certain amount of dread every year. Even if things break right, there are going to be some rough all-nighters when you are doing both the harvesting and the winemaking. An early year only exacerbates that. Today the tractor wouldn’t start, and the thought of that happening at 2 am with 15 pickers with full bendejas looking at me impatiently while I struggle to get the tractor jumped brought the anxiety level up several notches.

I’m nervous because I’m trying to nail down fruit sources this year. I have a couple nailed down but want more.

I was about to say “talk about waiting till the very last minute” and then realized you are in Oregon. I was up there a week ago and verasion hadn’t even started yet.