Central New Jersey - Basking Ridge and Surrounding area

There are many excellent BYOB choices with no cork fees. Here are few that I visited and would recommend to visit.
In my opinion these restaurants offer above average quality for your money. All have wine store in proximity.

Stirling
Thai restaurant next to Stirling Fine Wine.

Basking Ridge
“Origin” Thai Restaurant. Excellent Thai and fusion options on the menu.

Martinsville
“Trio” Italian restaurant.

Warren
“Alfie” Italian restaurant.

Nice choices. If you get to the shore look up La Fandy in Fair Haven, NJ and Bienvenue in Red Bank.

Tried Drew’s Bayshore Trattoria yesterday in Keyport, a recent James Beard semi-finalist. Food was stellar (although spicy Cajun was tough to pair with wines).

Also in the that area:

Belford Bistro (Belford)

Bay Ave Trattoria (Highlands)

I believe Doris and Ed’s in Highlands does free Corkage on Sundays (they also have a really nice list)

One of the best BYO’s in the area IMO is Mi Sueno in Middlesex. This is a tiny place on Bound Brook Rd (Route 28) that is producing some of the best steaks in NJ, IMO. They are offering prime grade steaks cooked over a natural oak wood burning grill. This is NYC quality beef here in central NJ. Being that I am only about 3 miles away from this gem I am almost a weekly regular.

Check their website at http://www.misueno.org/ for a current menu. I can honestly say I have no complaints in over 25 visits to the restaurant…

Girasole in Bound Brook

I went to Girasole in 2009 and didn’t think much of it. Not that it was bad but just didn’t inspire me to return. Any changes since I’ve been?

Couple Friday’s ago we went to Verve in Somerville, they have a limited wine list and $10 corkage for BYO. We had a mushroom ravioli and a pumpkin ravioli appetizer, with braised short ribs for main, all of which were quite pleasing.