So I bought a Le Cache cabinet now what?

Just returned from 3 weeks visiting friends in California. While there I took the opportunity to go look at Le Cache wine cabinets. Long story short ordered a Contempory 2400 that should arrive next week because thats what my wife said to order. Anything I should look out for when they deliver? I know there is a shock indicator to check and inspect for outside damage. (hopefully all will be ok) What should be my expectations about them leveling the cabinet?

Can’t wait to get the wine out of the spare bedroom and into a more controlled enviroment. Tough to keep a room cool in Florida. Man I miss the weather in California. Right now’s its 91 but feels like 99 with humidity. The day it’s was 109 when i was there wasn’t this bad.

Randall, I’m one of the owners of Le Cache, may I take a shot at answering your question? When your cabinet arrives, the delivery team is contracted to setup the cabinet in the location of your choosing, making sure that the doors are aligned, and remove all debris and packaging materials.

When the cabinet arrives at the local depot, the carrier will contact you to schedule delivery in a convenient time window. When they first drive up, they should allow you to inspect the packaging before they remove it. Then, they should allow you to inspect the cabinet after the packaging has been removed but before it’s been moved into your home. Then, you should inspect the cabinet after the packaging has been removed but before it’s been moved into your home.

If you haven’t yet received a call from our concierge, you should be receiving a call shortly, definitely before you take delivery. Our concierge will give you additional instructions and contact information in case you need to reach us before during or after the delivery.

Feel free to reach out to me personally via PM if you have any problems whatsoever or need any assistance. We’re here to make sure you have a great experience.

I was told to wait 24 hours before plugging my unit in (not a le cache) to allow the refrigerant to settle. I waited 48.

Thanks for the info. Ben i have received call from conciegre. Cabinet hopefully no later than next week.

I’ve been thinking about the 3100 wine vault for my garage

Friends of ours bought a 3100 the same time we purchased our cabinet. They love it. The construction of the Le Cache is really nice

I imagine RandallH has already had his cabinet delivered, but in case others come across this thread for advice, I just wanted to drop this here.

I had a Le Cache 2400 delivered recently, and the product is great but the delivery people were terrible. I didn’t get to inspect the packaging because they had already removed it before they even knocked on the door to let me know they were here. They scraped the finish off one of the doors when they were carrying it in, and somehow they also put a dent in the wood on the side. They didn’t do anything to level the cabinet or align the doors (by that point, I was already distrusting them due to the clumsy way they’d brought the unit into the house, so when they didn’t do it, I chose to cut my losses and get them out of the house). And to top it all off, they complained repeatedly about how heavy it was (I can’t imagine what would have happened if it was a 5200). They tried to get me to write “concealed damage” on the paperwork even though I saw them scratch it and the Le Cache instructions specifically say not to agree to that. It was really clear they didn’t know anything about the product or how to set it up, and I saw no sign that they’d read any instructions ahead of time.

The damage to the cabinet was repaired by a really good furniture repair guy Le Cache sent over (my complaints here are about the delivery company, not Le Cache, who have been good to work with). You can still see it if you look closely enough, and it really should never have happened, but what’s done is done.

So, the bottom line is, if you’re having one of these delivered, watch the delivery people like a hawk, and don’t assume they know what they’re doing. Keep an eye out for them when they pull up so you can get outside and inspect the packaging, and make sure they aren’t banging things up when they carry it in.

Sean,
Thanks for posting about your experience. I’m sorry the shipping company did such a poor job delivering your cabinet. I wish we had control of the process from the time it leaves our facility through the time it is delivered to your home, but we aren’t able and therefore must rely on partners to deliver our wine cabinets, and unfortunately there are too many cases (like yours) where the delivery falls apart in the last mile. Obviously this reflects poorly on us, and we are continuously working to weed out the poor performers and improve the shipping process.

It sounds like our internal team did a good job of handling your case after the damage was done, but I will go back and review the case again to see if there’s anything else that we can do to improve our performance.

Once again, I’m sorry about the poor performance of our shipping carrier. Your satisfaction is important to us.

Ben Argov
Le Cache Premium Wine Cabinets

Ben, thanks for the follow-up. Your team has indeed done a great job of handling things, and we really love the product. It’s already full, but that’s not your fault :wink:

My only suggestion would be that you avoid using that particular carrier in the future…