Pls help , need info/advice

Hi , wondering if anyonecan help me , i was sent a bottle of Lowe Family Mudgee Sangiovese Blend 2005 ,Australian wine as a gift of appreciation from someone i helped , i know nothing about this wine , i know very little about red , i prefer a white , anyways , can you fill me in a lil , i have tried googling it , but get very little info , n the reason i ask is a gent at post office who saw it when i collected it , immediately commented n said how lovely it is n then proceeded to offer me $50 for it , i politely declined , but am curious as to why a stranger would show so much interest in it, and im guessing it is not a wine to use for making my spag bog with , as thats all i usually use red wine for , any help apppreciated , thank you Colleen

Cellartracker.com has a couple reviews. Based on very little info there and nothing that I found on winesearcher I suspect this isn’t a well known or well reviewed wine. Probably not worth much. You may ask the person if they still want to buy it for $50 or you can pop it and give it a go.

Thank you Andy , i appreciate your polite and informative reply , i have since spoken to the chief winemaker of the winery at the time of production , a Mr Liam Heslop , not directly but via a lovely lady ,named Julie , who has advised me to make a nice dinner and have a glass or 2 , I’ll probably only manage one , but i will ensure to have guests for dinner , i did manage to track it down in a Canadian store 1 bottle at CDN$145. 00 , so i feel blessed to of been acknowledeged by the gifter and knowing i helped someone when others looked and walked on past , , but again i do thank you for being polite , as i just had a delightful condescending reply email , from supposed authority of nwines , n may i say , he must be a miserable sod in life , a very judgemental , does not think outside his lil mind , and decides what type of person they are by how they sign off on an email , so know i feel entitled to be judgemental myself , your Mr , its BS , I feel you dont live life you barely exist in the small petty world you think your the crown off , and im sure some of those who read your reviews and think you are the be all and end all are quite likely no better people than i am , and would be ashamed to think how you treat and dismiss those you judge to be not worth , all because of an email asking for advice , shame on you , nasty , mean spirited , closed minded twat !!!

Ohhhh BTW , Andy i have been known to sip on a port , , im very partial to a white port , we get a lovely one here in WA , its made by Jadran Wines in Orange Grove , and i have for memory only , way past drinking now im sure , a bottle of commemorative vintage port which was vintaged late in 1977 being the silver Jubilee Queens accession . Which was then specially bottled to commemorate the presentation of a new colour at HMAS Cerberus by HRH the Queen on 7 march 1986 , the yr of the 75th anniversary of the Royal Australian Navy . It was presented with 4 port glasses embossed in gold with the Cerberus emblem and date and Queens colour information , i was a serving member at the time , and served for some time long after , so for me its a special memory of a special time when i was very young , not actually old enough to purchase liquor , but there we go , its a lovely box set , and has always been in there , in the cupboard , but im sure the port would end me up in hospital now , coming up 40 yrs , wow that makes me feel much older than I normally do ,lol, , may the sun shine and we all have reason to smile , have a great day , Andy , id like to add apart from the winery this morning you have by far been the friendliest , courteous person during my over night journey , thanks x

I would drink it if I were you. It may be the red wine that changes your mind about red wines.

I’d make a spag bog with it.

At least I would if I knew how to make a spag bog. Or what it was.

I’m thinking Spaghetti Bolognese…

Seems that you are correct.