Excess wine and what to do?

Ok, this is clearly a third world problem, but in going through my cellar, I note I have ~75 bottles of wine I will not likely drink or give to someone when being a guest at their house. These bottles have come from a variety of sources, most of which were result of hosting people in one capacity or another.

I don’t use wine much to cook, and when I do, I often use wine I like drinking, both so the flavor is better, and also so I don’t waste 9/10 of a bottle.

Any suggestion on what to do with the wine? We are talking anywhere from a $5 bottle of wine to ~$25 bottle. Not sure a charity would appreciate the donation (even for an auction), as I have some pretty eclectic stuff (like habenero wine), but also some lower-end grocery store brands.

Any thoughts would be appreciated it.

give it to your doorman.

Don’t have a doorman, but good idea. I’m sure someone would love this wine, just not me. Not sure who to give it to.

Sangria?

Vinegar?

Vinegar is definitely an option and although you’ll still have more than you need, it will be more palatable as a gift.

Of course you could always get a pot still !

Give to charity and take tax deduction.

Sell them through Benchmark. [snort.gif] pileon deadhorse

[resizeableimage=500,800]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/First+world+problems+vs+third+world+people+dont+even+realize_26c19e_3467122.jpg[/resizeableimage]

List it on Commerce Corner. It may suit someone else for daily drinkers.

All good ideas. I’ll put a few of the better ones on commerce corner. But with summer coming, Sangria sounds like a good idea.

Must be a whole lot better nowadays in third world countries if they have wine to spare! I’m gonna call UNICEF on the carpet for being lying bastages with those fraudulent commercials.