Recommendations for Rieseling wines

Can anyone help recommend some Riesling in the 15-20 range?

Years or dollars? neener

$15-20

At that price buy a few and try them and go with what you like with the designated food you wish to pair. An open mind is like a sieve, please choose wisely.

Not sure of preferences so below is an off the cuff list, some of which may not appeal to you.
Loosen Dr. L
Eroica
Hermann Wiemer
Donnehoff Riesling (the basic QBA)
Folk Machine
Trimbach (again the basic wine)
Domain Weinbach (??? not sure of price for the basic)

Trade up just a little to a Kabinett.

Leitz Dragonstone & Loosen Blue Slate

Thanks for suggestions. Will stop by Hi time wines this weekend!

J.J. Prüm’s 2012 Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett is under $20 a bottle at our local Rastelli’s Market and very good.

2012 J.J. Christoffel from the Erdener Treppchen vineyard is also about that price. If you get their spatlese, you jump up to under $25 a bottle and it’s even better.

1 Like

Second Dr Loosen Blue Slate for a good Mosel at a reasonable price.

Must also try some Australian versions, especially from the Clare. Quite dry. Another version distinct from Austrian and Alsace wines.

Love Leitz Dragonstone - wonderful depth of flavors.

Not sure of the style you are looking for but Hi Time has a few Monchhof’s in that price range. I like them.

Jason

Another very good suggestion.

My fiancee really likes Urban riesling. Trying to help her branch out a little more into other rieslings and other whites but she likes the sweetness. Any suggestions?

Sweet & less expensive but still decent: Fritz Windisch. The 2009 Spatlese is readily available at $9 to $12 and pretty damn good for the money.

Reminds me of when I used to drink Riesling often. Dr. Loosen is a good one for that price point.

Lauer Barrel X is my go-to in that piece range

As a general rule of thumb, in the $15 to $20 range, I’d strongly urge you to drink Prosecco rather than Riesling.

On the other hand, if you stumble upon a hole-in-the-wall Mom-n-Pop shop with Donnhoff Estate at or less than $19.99, then CLEAR THEM OUT OF THEIR ENTIRE STOCK.

PS: A single vineyard JJ Prum Kabinett at less than $20? In what alternate universe?

Rastelli’s in Marlton NJ had 2012 for $17.99 a couple months back. Despite some areas of deep southern NJ being backwater hick towns, Marlton / Cherry Hill / Medford / Voorhees is part of Earth’s normal civilization, several miles north of the boondocks.