Is a 1979 bottle of Perrier Jouet Fleur drinkable

Hi folks,

I found a 1979 bottle of Perrier Jouet Fleur in my parents basement.
The temperature down there varies with the seasons. Is this still drinkable?
image.jpg

Maybe. but you really should just sell it to Marc B! :wink:

I probably would sell it, how much is it worth?

I can’t imagine it would be worth much but you could check with Winebid. I would drink it. It is likely over the hill but you never know. Fun to try regardless.

drink it!

Mel and Jason…Thanks guys, I am going to crack it on New Year’s Eve.

Sounds like a plan. Let us know what it was like. Personally I would be optimistic if you happen to like older wines.

Do be prepared for it not to taste like champagne as you know it. There may be precious little effervescence left and there may be a touch of ‘sherry’ about it. However if that’s as mature as it is (i.e. not totally shot) then it’s a style of wine that some people find amazing.

Good luck!

Thanks Ian, I am one of those people!
I recently opened a non vintage bottle of Moët from the same year and it was dark yellow, full of notes of Chestnuts! Absolutely delicious.

Thanks Ian, I am one of those people!
I recently opened a non vintage bottle of Moët from the same year and it was dark yellow, full of notes of Chestnuts! Absolutely delicious.

So how was it?

Unfortunately it was a happy FLU YEARS EVE for me, so I still have it!

Had a '62 DP of questionable storage before - turned out ok, though it really felt like i was drinking a mild/light sherry much more than a champagne. curious to hear how yours turns out!

very good champagne year