Any ideas?

My wife and I just bought a house and found two cases of wine in a closet. I have no clue whatsoever about it and was wondering if anyone had an idea as to value, collectibility, or any other suggestions. It is:

Cuvee de Biloxi
Merlot/Cebernet Sauvignon
bottled by Bouey & Fils

Mississippi wine?

Bouey & fils should be French. Any indication of location of origin on the bottle? Merlot/Cab would have one thinking Bordeaux but I am guessing it’s not or it would probably state such clearly on the label. Probably farther south.

Anyone know if “bottled by” means anything more than that? I don’t believe that “bottled by” tells you anything about who actually made the wine.

Cuvée de Biloxi reads like a wine created for a specific customer and not something for general retail. I don’t know this but it just seems that way to me. If so, there may not be much info available on this wine.

The label says Ambares, Gironde France. We are in Mississippi and it definitely looks to be like a local tribute type of label.

No info on CellarTracker which leads me to believe it is probably not worth anything.

It probably comes from the Entre-Deux-Mers region of Bordeaux which is generally basic quality wine and nothing for aging and nothing that would hold any significant value. Most likely a negotiant bottle purchased as finished wine and bottled for a specific client. It could have been the house red for a restaurant or inn. 1997 was not a great year but not horrible either. The wine was probably intended for early consumption so is probably showing its age.

I doubt that the wine has any resale value. I would plan to open a bottle soon to see if it’s you like it. I bet its a decent burger wine.

[snort.gif] [cheers.gif] [wow.gif] [welldone.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Agreed re basic, non-collectible status. Always one fool-proof way to find out what’s in the bottle: open and report back!