Chicago Beer Meet Up - May 7

The lady and I will be in town for a friend’s graduation. Her and her friend are getting their nails done the afternoon of May 7 and I’m being encouraged to go out on my own, which took little coercion.

If anyone is free let me know where we could meet. We will likely be in the North Loop area, but I’m very mobile and I’m not sure where the ladies are getting their nails done, so that might be a determining factor as well.

I’m happy to bring along a few bottles from home to share (i.e. Jester King).

Nolan,

There’s a pretty good number of beer enthusiasts in Chicago (who are also on WB). I’ll reach out to some folks and see if we can get something put together to welcome you to the windy city.

Mark

Keep me in the loop. I am definitely interested in meeting up. Love Jester King. St. Arnolds also has some good stuff. But one of my favorite breweries to hit when I go back home is Karbach.

methinks this could be a reason to go to sun wah or tank noodles again

I’m in as long as the start time is 7-7:30ish

My best guess is I’ll be available from 1-5pm.

I’m only available after 5:30. My suggestion would be to hit one of the numerous bars in Chicago while waiting for the other half to finish their mani/pedi.

How friendly is beer BYOB if something materializes? Will any places like Hopleaf, Map Room, etc. allow BYO if we share with the staff?

the bars won’t let you do that, restaurants are a different story

Okay, I have a better idea now. The ladies’ first appointment is at 5:30 and both of them should take until 8-8:30. They will be in Jefferson Park but since they’re driving they can drop me off anywhere I need to be. I’m planning on being seated at a bar before 5, so whoever wants to join please do! I should be free until 8:30-9 but I may hit a point where I want to stop drinking.

I was thinking Hopleaf, but if there are better options I’m open. I’m really wanting to focus on wild/sour/fruit beers, but making new friends is nice too.

Having met Mark and Keith on numerous occasions, you’re better off focusing on the beer rather than the company.

[smileyvault-ban.gif]

Does Beer Temple have a bar, or do they just offer tastes and samples?

Thanks, guys!