Corked Rum

It isn’t wine, but I swear I have a bottle of rum that is corked. It is Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva. I thought I noticed in the last daiquiri I made, but there is no doubt after I made another drink last night.

This is the first example of a corked spirit I have run across. Any on else have the experience?

Moving to Beer and Spirits forum

Yup. Spirits can be corked, too. I’ve had more examples of corked wine than spirits, but in the past year I’ve had corked Red Breast and a particularly foul Brugal.

Is it sealed with a cork? I had a corked bottle of tequila once, cork enclosure. Probably just as likely as wine I would assume. There is also the possibility for anything that is barrel aged to be corked, one corked barrel could infect a whole batch. Would assume most companies would catch that but if it is small batch stuff bottled barrel by barrel they probably wouldn’t be testing every batch.

Yes, it is sealed with a cork.

Have had a corked vodka.

WoW! I have a corked Brugal as well.The unfortunate part [bleh.gif] is that I hand carried it from the DR as it is their very special “Siglo De Oro.” I thought it was corked [swearing.gif] and was not positive till I tasted a second bottle that my friend opened. I just re-tried it and it is even more wretched. I have another bottle and I am hoping for a much better result.

Cheers! [cheers.gif]
Marshall

I have had corked bottled water.

And corked baby carrots

I’ve had corked octopus.

Years ago I had a corked wine glass at a big wine tasting (Family Winemakers?). Lesson: always rinse your glass before sampling, TCA may be hiding in the cardboard the wine glasses were shipped in.

I’ve had a few. I use the saran wrap trick.

J